Sponsored

Can I move my existing order to another dealer before it's scheduled?

darrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went into my local dealer to order my build and was assured by the sales rep that they would sell me the truck at MSRP before moving forward. However, I wimped out on getting it in writing, Now I'm fully expecting the other shoe to drop when they get the truck and hit me with a markup and some excuses. Now that I'm hearing even more stories of markups I want to go back and ask for it in writing. I'm wondering if I have any leverage to move my existing order to another dealer if the current one wont fully guarantee msrp in writing? I thought I heard that on one of the Long McArthur youtube videos, but I'm not sure. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went into my local dealer to order my build and was assured by the sales rep that they would sell me the truck at MSRP before moving forward. However, I wimped out on getting it in writing, Now I'm fully expecting the other shoe to drop when they get the truck and hit me with a markup and some excuses. Now that I'm hearing even more stories of markups I want to go back and ask for it in writing. I'm wondering if I have any leverage to move my existing order to another dealer if the current one wont fully guarantee msrp in writing? I thought I heard that on one of the Long McArthur youtube videos, but I'm not sure. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!
Unfortunately no. Orders can’t be moved to another dealer. I would suggest that you go at it like you stated. You are hearing horror stories about markups at pick up and that you would feel more comfortable having it in writing. If they never intended to markup I would say that they would comply with that. If they won’t, then I think you can guess their intentions.

Last edited:
OP
OP

darrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored

Reactions: Aza