Sponsored

Can I change my order if I haven't been scheduled yet?

T-Bone66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS
I ordered an XLT Lux, 4K, Copilot 360, FX4 on 12-6-21. I haven't received any notices from Ford after the initial confirmation. After months of reading posts and watching videos, I want to change my order to Lariat FWD Lux. I'm not concerned about lenght of wait just want to go in a new direction. Will they make that big of a change? or am I locked into an XLT?
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you change trim levels (xl, xlt, lariat) you go to the back of the line. I believe it makes your order go to the last possible day they took orders. I don’t know if you can get the lux package once you change to lariat since it is a constraint. It would be the drop in liner though. Your dealer will need to check tomorrow. @fordvideoguy will know more than me. I’m guessing you want push button start?

Alternatively, you could get the xlt front wheel drive and do some wicked cool katskin seats covers. They will remove your factory ones and install the new ones professionally.

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I "think" a significant change like from XLT to Lariat at this point would also cause you to lose your Ford Pre Price Increase pricing guarantee. Others on this forum may know for certain if that is accurate or not. Due Diligence appropriate decision.

OP
OP

T-Bone66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS
If you change trim levels (xl, xlt, lariat) you go to the back of the line. I believe it makes your order go to the last possible day they took orders. I don’t know if you can get the lux package once you change to lariat since it is a constraint. It would be the drop in liner though. Your dealer will need to check tomorrow. @fordvideoguy will know more than me. I’m guessing you want push button start?

Alternatively, you could get the xlt front wheel drive and do some wicked cool katskin seats covers. They will remove your factory ones and install the new ones professionally.
Seats are 1 perk I'm looking for, but you're right I miss push button start

OP
OP

T-Bone66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS
I "think" a significant change like from XLT to Lariat at this point would also cause you to lose your Ford Pre Price Increase pricing guarantee. Others on this forum may know for certain if that is accurate or not. Due Diligence appropriate decision.
Good Point I wasn't thinking about that.
I'll have to sit down with dealer tomorrow to figure this out.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait for the one you have on order. When it comes in, the day you pick it up put in an order for the different one. Trade when the other comes in 6 months later.

OP
OP

T-Bone66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS
Just wait for the one you have on order. When it comes in, the day you pick it up put in an order for the different one. Trade when the other comes in 6 months later.
After going back and forth with the dealer, couldn't switch to Lariat Lux, just left order as is, and will take your advice and place a new order when Ford re opens the order window.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT Lux, 4K, Copilot 360, FX4 on 12-6-21. I haven't received any notices from Ford after the initial confirmation. After months of reading posts and watching videos, I want to change my order to Lariat FWD Lux. I'm not concerned about lenght of wait just want to go in a new direction. Will they make that big of a change? or am I locked into an XLT?
You'll be spending more money so upgrading to the Lariat shouldn't be an issue

OP
OP

T-Bone66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS
You'll be spending more money so upgrading to the Lariat shouldn't be an issue
That's what I was thinking, but Ford isn't taking anymore orders for Lariat Lux so my dealer said it's a no go.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I was thinking, but Ford isn't taking anymore orders for Lariat Lux so my dealer said it's a no go.
Sounds like you're other option would be to cancel your current order and wait for the 8/16 order date so you can get what you want, and or keep your current order and sell it for a reasonable profit. I mean your waiting this long Just Saying!!
Sponsored