Sponsored

Can Ford deliver or will they fail on the Maverick?

xncrman

I posted this information on another thread but I am having problems understanding if Ford is going to fall short on delivering the estimated 2022 Maverick sales of 110,000 vehicles. With a high number of Maverick Reserved sales, the production numbers just don't add up. I reserved a Maverick Lariat Hybrid October 3rd. So I know my order is somewhere north of the 30,000+ Hybrid vehicles ordered. At current production I can't expect Ford to deliver before October/November 2022. What are your thoughts? Do the numbers add up differently? I would sure like to hear from Ford on their production and delivery expectations.

I read Ford has told vendors to expect 110,000 Maverick vehicle production for 2022. I also read that Ford expected Hybrid sales to make up about 40% of sales roughly 44,000 Mavericks. 2022 Maverick Hybrids have all been reserved as of November 15th. This leaves estimate 66,000 non hybrid Mavericks for 2022 production. In all Ford needs to produce 9167 per month to fill that amount of sales. So far the best production month was October with 6755 vehicles made. At that rate it will take Ford 16+ months to produce the 2022 production sales estimate. It will take Ford over 6.5+ months straight production to fill JUST THE HYBRID SALES RESERVATIONS. And we know that is not going to happen. I also read that Ford said the plant in Mexico can make up to 800 vehicles per day but that is all models combined.
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It'll really come down to whether Ford can get the supplies needed to get to full production. 6700/month is less than that plant can produce. But with computer chip shortages and other supple constraints, they can only build what they can build. I ordered in September, so I have no illusions about getting my truck anytime soon. Part of me wouldn't mind a 2023 if it came with a wide touchscreen and push button start.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is likely anticipating they can ramp production similar to the Bronco sport which only produced some 10k units total in its first three months, but then averaged ~12.9k units per month the remaining 9. Some of those months were nearly 150% that average, but May in particular (6,730 units) and July (8,387 units) were down. Although IIRC July had some 2 weeks maintenance downtime and prep install for Maverick startup.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We may see 2022 EcoBoost Mavericks sold out/not taking any further orders by May or June. Just my guess.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's not forget that we have seen weeks of plant shutdowns already

OP
OP

xncrman

Ford is likely anticipating they can ramp production similar to the Bronco sport which only produced some 10k units total in its first three months, but then averaged ~12.9k units per month the remaining 9. Some of those months were nearly 150% that average, but May in particular (6,730 units) and July (8,387 units) were down. Although IIRC July had some 2 weeks maintenance downtime and prep install for Maverick startup.
The number to watch is the total number of production since the plant makes both the Bronco and the Maverick combined manufacturing is roughly 20,000 a month capability.
Sponsored