First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My old car (2002) finally bit the dust. Who knows when the Maverick (Lariat, lux) will be built. So i decided that it was time - i purchased a Alto Blue, Escape Hybrid Titanium with all the bells and whistles including the Titanium Elite package (heads up display, self parking, and much more) for 4K more than my Mav would have cost me, Nice rebate and zerp percent financing for 36 months. My first spin was 43 MPG. Now I will change my MAV order to an XL with NO add-on‘s and get that 20K truck they BS about - whenever it comes in.
Sponsored

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Noice. My current car is sticking together with scotch tape, but it will make it one way or the other. I looked at other vehicles, usually 10K+ more, supposedly in transit (on the lot pfffft...) and of course in "bidding" war with other poor bastads. Waiting game versus fleecing game for some of us. Truly hope you enjoy the Escape.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Escape sounds real nice! Hope you enjoy it for many miles!

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
I'm in a similar boat. I'm not sure how much longer my ranger will hold up. I'm actually considering buying a honda insight. if i dont hear something by the end of october on my order, i'll likely just go buy an insight.

Sponsored

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm thinking of an escape plug in hybrid for the tax benefits

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Good choice but it is likie trying to find a Mav.
Yeah not easy. I need to buy it in jersey and no dealers have one in stock

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We also have a 2018 Escape it has been great. I had a 2004 and the paint fell off at 350,000 miles. My 2004 was named Barney, my 2018 is called Fred and the new one is named Wilma. No pattern here. I am hoping for many miles since i drive 200 miles per day.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I would've bought the Bronco Sport I test drove last Friday...if I didn't need a truck once in a while :)
Dang thing got 28.6mpg on my 7-mile trip and was getting 33mpg on a 2mile stretch at 45mpg..this would have been perfect for me and my city commute..but I need a truck for home projects :)

Last edited:
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also you may have a hard time getting the full tax benefits. Sounds like New Jersey's rebate system is a bit of a mess and some dealers don't want the hassle of having to front the cost then wait months to get paid.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given the production schedule and the built-in 6-8 week delivery schedule, I think I have maybe 2-3 weeks. If I'm not scheduled by then, I wont get the Maverick before my next inspection, which I cannot pass without spending a lot of money.

Been looking at local Prius inventory. May get a 2-3 year lease and then just jump on the full EV wagon, circumstances allowing.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Yea, I decided I'm in it for the long haul..My current truck is fine only losing value... My $$ down is building monthly...So I'll wait because if I buy anything else it will be a comprise that will bug the shit out of me..daily..The big "What If?"

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
My old car (2002) finally bit the dust. Who knows when the Maverick (Lariat, lux) will be built. So i decided that it was time - i purchased a Alto Blue, Escape Hybrid Titanium with all the bells and whistles including the Titanium Elite package (heads up display, self parking, and much more) for 4K more than my Mav would have cost me, Nice rebate and zerp percent financing for 36 months. My first spin was 43 MPG. Now I will change my MAV order to an XL with NO add-on‘s and get that 20K truck they BS about - whenever it comes in.
Wise man! Those Escape hybrid are sweet. Good choice.
Sponsored