Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Look at the Aliner campers . Mine is a Scout lite ,not room for 4 . But they do make bigger ones that will work for you and in your price range . Best part is you do not take a big gas hit . I am loosing about 2 MPG pulling the Scout .
Sponsored

Mavapa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know the make and model of the camper that the Maverick is pulling in the promotional clip. I've been trying to find who makes it because it doesn't look like it's under the 4,000 pound weight limit. And that looks exactly like what I'd love to have someday.
Look at the Rove Lite 14BH. It’s a bunkhouse model that is supposed to sleep four, and the dry weight is under 2000 lb. I am considering one for my EB 4K.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You might be better off, and more comfortable, flat towing your hybrid Maverick behind a motorhome. The V-10 Ford that powers a lot of class C motorhomes will get about 10 MPG, but when you get to where you're going, and are driving the Maverick seeing sites and exploring, you will get 42 MPG. So your average MPG will be 26, which really is pretty darn good. Probably better than what the 2.0 ED Maverick will get pulling a camper.
That's a good option but I prefer to be a little more flexible and "light on my feet" since it's just myself. For exploring, back roads, tight spots, etc.
You might be better off, and more comfortable, flat towing your hybrid Maverick behind a motorhome. The V-10 Ford that powers a lot of class C motorhomes will get about 10 MPG, but when you get to where you're going, and are driving the Maverick seeing sites and exploring, you will get 42 MPG. So your average MPG will be 26, which really is pretty darn good. Probably better than what the 2.0 ED Maverick will get pulling a camper.
That's a good option, especially for a family or groups but it's just myself. I was looking to be a bit more flexible and "light on my feet" for exploring, back roads, tight spaces, etc. Considering a pass through back window, teardrop camper, small tent trailer, or? Lots of pluses and minus for every choice.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I look at the lack of quality of mass produced campers, I begin to think about flat towing and finding a well taken care of school bus to convert. I am a carpenter however and really want to make something well insulated for northern winters. Who knows if my crazy idea comes to fruition but it may 🤣
A friend of mine bought an old converted Trailways bus and customized it. Super heavy duty and comfortable. Big but gets about 12 mpg. He's also a carpenter.

Sponsored

Tking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Subaru Legacy Outback & '86 F250 4x4 6.9 idi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

iWayner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Camper in Maverick promotional clip? 7-20-23 First Maverick photo camping at AYC

I have to say, I love our T@B trailer. This was from our first camping trip last summer. We just got home from a trip in Western NC over the Blue Ridge Parkway with winding mountainous roads. It pulled like it wasn't even there. The tow package on the Maverick is remarkable in every way. Super happy guy here.
Sponsored