First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Call me Maverick. Ever since I got my new truck, my life has changed forever.

Hopping out of the driver's seat in my Levi leather jack, hair elegantly disheveled, I approach the stately old building where I work.

Suddenly I am stopped by an authoritative official saying, "Congratulations on the new truck! How do you like it?"

"I love it," I said. "It is the perfect no-compromise vehicle if you ask me." He grins and nods approvingly, as his interest has been piqued. This is just the beginning.

As I exit the office and make a beeline for my vehicle, I am once again stopped by a woman from the office, "So, I saw that you got a new truck... Is that an electric?"

"Not exactly, " I responded. "But it does get really good mileage all the same."

Needing to remove the salty haze from the latest snow storm, I swing by the local car wash. As I ease into line, I see the ladies in a car parallel to mine pointing in my general direction. As I try to figure out what they are looking at, checking my windows and my rearview mirrors, one removes her cell phone from her pocket and takes a picture. Realizing they are focused at me and my truck, my face turns red and I slink down in my seat. It seems that my shiny and novel truck is making me a bit of a small-town celebrity.

Angling for the front door, ready to take on a brand new day this theory plays out, as another figure of authority approaches and says, "Good morning, Maverick!" As he launched into a series of questions about my new vehicle, I knew that my life was going to be different going forward. This was before I ever got to carry my first load, try overlanding or get any of "the stuff" I had planned for my Oxford White beauty done.

Pulling out of the parking lot, I spot a Velocity Blue Maverick, confidently plodding along. The driver rolls down the windows and produces a hearty wave. He nods proudly, as we silently acknowledge we are men of impeccable taste and unusual substance - "Mavericks".
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Griswaldo906

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The funny part about this overly-dramatized story of mine is that all of those interactions from different people actually happened.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You must write for a living...:cool:

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The funny part about this overly-dramatized story of mine is that all of those interactions from different people actually happened.
Yep
I get a lot of questions and comments. Pretty sure a guy at the convenience store is ordering a 23 after he checked out my Maverick. When he said what $50k and I told him under 35k for an Eco XLT with every package he smiled and said “ he will have one”.

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call me Maverick. Ever since I got my new truck, my life has changed forever.

Hopping out of the driver's seat in my Levi leather jack, hair elegantly disheveled, I approach the stately old building where I work.

Suddenly I am stopped by an authoritative official saying, "Congratulations on the new truck! How do you like it?"

"I love it," I said. "It is the perfect no-compromise vehicle if you ask me." He grins and nods approvingly, as his interest has been piqued. This is just the beginning.

As I exit the office and make a beeline for my vehicle, I am once again stopped by a woman from the office, "So, I saw that you got a new truck... Is that an electric?"

"Not exactly, " I responded. "But it does get really good mileage all the same."

Needing to remove the salty haze from the latest snow storm, I swing by the local car wash. As I ease into line, I see the ladies in a car parallel to mine pointing in my general direction. As I try to figure out what they are looking at, checking my windows and my rearview mirrors, one removes her cell phone from her pocket and takes a picture. Realizing they are focused at me and my truck, my face turns red and I slink down in my seat. It seems that my shiny and novel truck is making me a bit of a small-town celebrity.

Angling for the front door, ready to take on a brand new day this theory plays out, as another figure of authority approaches and says, "Good morning, Maverick!" As he launched into a series of questions about my new vehicle, I knew that my life was going to be different going forward. This was before I ever got to carry my first load, try overlanding or get any of "the stuff" I had planned for my Oxford White beauty done.

Pulling out of the parking lot, I spot a Velocity Blue Maverick, confidently plodding along. The driver rolls down the windows and produces a hearty wave. He nods proudly, as we silently acknowledge we are men of impeccable taste and unusual substance - "Mavericks".
What region of the mighty gauntlet state are you in?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Griswaldo906

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey MaverickMan is my name! :ROFLMAO: I've been usuing is on forums and anything with a profile since I bought my 74 Maverick in 09. But since you are so poplular at work and Im so far away, I guess there can be 2 of us.
Ford Maverick Call me Maverick Man 100_0165.JPG

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I haven’t had all that much of this (yet), but then I’ve only just passed 1k miles even tho I’ve had it 3 months….

the other day tho I was pulling out at Home Depot and this guys reaction pointing and what not, I thought I hit a stray cart or a child…. Was freaked out and re assessed and figured out he was freaking out because he hadn’t seen one yet…. I was too far to away to try to engage by the point I realized it, only dawning on me when I read his lips say “that’s a nice truck”

OP
OP

Griswaldo906

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey MaverickMan is my name! :ROFLMAO: I've been usuing is on forums and anything with a profile since I bought my 74 Maverick in 09. But since you are so poplular at work and Im so far away, I guess there can be 2 of us.
100_0165.JPG
:ROFLMAO: I can live with that... I have to admit that your Maverick is pretty sweet!

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: I can live with that... I have to admit that your Maverick is pretty sweet!
It was a sweet machine. Never sell your dream car. I sold it to move to Maui for a 1/3 of what I built it for. Before I even got settled in on island my brother told me he saw it with its hood up and supposedly a blown motor. Of course the day after I sold it he texted me a video of him doing donuts against the rev limiter I set a 6500rpm. It could still be sweet somewhere, hard to say. Oh well guess my new lil truck Mav will have to do.

OP
OP

Griswaldo906

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love it up here. Actually moved here from Chicago because I had to get away. Funny enough, but moving out of the city is the primary reason I wanted a Maverick because I plan to have more adventures now.
Sponsored