First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mazda B-3000 Dual Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Title is kind of ambiguous, my dealership I ordered from texted me yesterday saying they have a Maverick, pretty close to what I ordered +/- a few options and color that I selected. They offered to sell it at MSRP + ~$1,500 of dealer adds, mostly useful stuff that I wouldn't mind. My question is, I have a decent chunk of change saved up but not enough to pay cash, so I'm looking at financing. What are your thoughts on picking this Maverick up and then trying to sell it back once my Maverick is built. My production date just got moved back from March 6th to March 20th, which is what is making me consider buying this one while I wait. Any disadvantages/risks to doing this? This will be my first new car so I don't want to mess anything up lol.
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Title is kind of ambiguous, my dealership I ordered from texted me yesterday saying they have a Maverick, pretty close to what I ordered +/- a few options and color that I selected. They offered to sell it at MSRP + ~$1,500 of dealer adds, mostly useful stuff that I wouldn't mind. My question is, I have a decent chunk of change saved up but not enough to pay cash, so I'm looking at financing. What are your thoughts on picking this Maverick up and then trying to sell it back once my Maverick is built. My production date just got moved back from March 6th to March 20th, which is what is making me consider buying this one while I wait. Any disadvantages/risks to doing this? This will be my first new car so I don't want to mess anything up lol.
bro you have a build date… just wait.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If I had to finance anything for that short a period, I would take a pass. Think of the addittional savings you could have. A big proffit on an EB might not be a sure thing come March. Just my early thoughts.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would wait. If you bought it at plus $1,500 over MSRP because of dealer adds you surely won't make that back. Taxes on the purchase twice unless you trade it in and your dealer surely won't give you what you paid for it. And, if you like the adds you'll have to pay that $1,500 again.

OP
OP
Cowtown Husker
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mazda B-3000 Dual Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
bro you have a build date… just wait.
I know... but impatient!! After I typed it all out I kinda knew I should just wait and not deal with all the extra hassle. I just didn't know if there would be anyone who had an idea of a way to make it work. I'm not looking to make a profit off the first Maverick, just want to get my money back out of it to buy the one I ordered. I will be patient and wait for mine. Thanks everyone for the replies.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will pay tax, registration, plates, dealer doc fee. How much will you get back when you purchase the second Maverick?
Sponsored