Sponsored

Buyer Dropped Out, XLT 4K FX4 Lux Good Pricing?

Aabxltlux4k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, RAV4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Swag. Don't forget the swag. Water bottles, tee shirts, Jackets for the whole family.
Sponsored

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the ADM were $50, would you even ask before taking it?
If the ADM were $1,000,000, would you even bother to ask?

So you are the only one who knows if the $7K ADM if worth of getting a $32K vehicle right now for YOU.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
7k worth of gas
Yeah I was thinking, how do you get to $7k in accessories?!

Being a numbers person the mark-ups don't just drive me nuts, but they don't even put any thought into it! Like, at least markup as a % of the sticker price. 10%. 20%. Adding a random amount (5k, 10k, 15k) without regard to its relation to the actual MSRP on every vehicle is the next level of hell to me, hahaha.

OP
OP

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the sales person was fantastic and I almost feel bad for walking away - talked into all weather mats and window deflectors. They followed me out the door and went as low as 35500 but I couldn't bite - really wanted to!

Ext. Warranty is a good one, next time I'll fight for that too!

Thanks y'all, I know this is a subjective "is it worth it to you" but outside perspective is invaluable so thank you all!

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well the sales person was fantastic and I almost feel bad for walking away - talked into all weather mats and window deflectors. They followed me out the door and went as low as 35500 but I couldn't bite - really wanted to!

Thanks y'all, I know this is a subjective "is it worth it to you" but outside perspective is invaluable so thank you all!
Even LongMacarthur (the ford video guy) says they mark up fallen-out deals. If you find one at MSRP, jump on it but buy SOMETHING to add on, just in good faith. They will appreciate it 😃

Sponsored

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In what bizarro universe is a $7k mark/up “OK”? Hell no…. run and don’t look back.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Call the salesman and tell him if $35k flat is your walking out the door price, you will sign right now and see what he does. A couple thousand markup in this market isn't really all that bad.

As others have said, if you really want it, you are going to pay a markup, the question is how much.

mou

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, '13 BRZ, '99 Impreza
No lol. That tag opens up a lot of other options on the market

OP
OP

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No lol. That tag opens up a lot of other options on the market
Sorry what does this mean? What tag for what options?

Sponsored

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought Ford was supposed to be cracking down on the dealers jacking up the price. If you go on ford.com and look at the certified inventory, there is a maverick with a sticker price of 36000 and they are asking 49999. That is a 14k dollar mark up. This one is from Lansing Michigan I believe.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought Ford was supposed to be cracking down on the dealers jacking up the price. If you go on ford.com and look at the certified inventory, there is a maverick with a sticker price of 36000 and they are asking 49999. That is a 14k dollar mark up. This one is from Lansing Michigan I believe.
Only on customer orders. Dealer stock is game for anything, tho still discouraged.

Robrmrz7

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and ordered a maverick lariat
NO, no need to pay over sticker unless really desperate for one. MOST dealers are still selling them at cost in my Tri state area, Ohio PA WV. Of course, you still have to catch one of the lot.
Mine is a lariat very well equipped and paid 36k or so out the door. Looks like is dealer mark-up.
Here is my sticker price
Ford Maverick Buyer Dropped Out, XLT 4K FX4 Lux Good Pricing? 20220409_103648
Sponsored