Sponsored

Buschur Maverick intake (w/ K&N air filter) DONE, TESTED and PROVEN-data and pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So since this intake leans out the afr, how about some dyno runs with water meth injection? I'm liking the looks of the aem v3.
I don't use or recommend water meth injection, I've found them to be horribly unreliable over the years. The leaning out means the truck isn't running 9:1 AFR's, still in the high 10's so still too rich.
Sponsored

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Installed mine today. Quick job; would've been super quick if I wasn't learning as I went.

Question; explain why I shouldn't leave the air conduit installed to divert incoming cold air closer to the intake filter. Thanks.

Ford Maverick Buschur Maverick intake (w/ K&N air filter) DONE, TESTED and PROVEN-data and pics! IMG_0376

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed mine today. Quick job; would've been super quick if I wasn't learning as I went.

Question; explain why I shouldn't leave the air conduit installed to divert incoming cold air closer to the intake filter. Thanks.

IMG_0376.jpeg
There's no reason not to leave it. You can if you want. Through a lot of testing the air to the filter, very quickly after the truck starts moving, drops to ambient anyway, so it's really not needed.

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's no reason not to leave it. You can if you want. Through a lot of testing the air to the filter, very quickly after the truck starts moving, drops to ambient anyway, so it's really not needed.
Thanks for the response. My highly scientific n of 2 testing shows about 4% improvement in gas mileage.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a great change actually. I wish I was driving mine! It's been sitting in pieces for all our development work for way too long. Exhausts will be done today as will be the fixture to build more.

Sponsored

Fred27

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2.0, AWD, 4K tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trying to figure the engine RPM for the dyno runs provided above. My best guess is the traces were taken in 5th gear on a Maverick with the 4k tow package (i.e., 3.81 final drive ratio). In this scenario the peak power for the base run occurs at about 5100 RPM and the peak with your CAI occurred at about 5500 RPM. Ford specs indicate peak power for the 2.0 EB occurs at 5500 RPM. Can someone explain why power starts falling off early in the base run which then leads to significsnt gains with the CIA at the expected 5500 RPM peak?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trying to figure the engine RPM for the dyno runs provided above. My best guess is the traces were taken in 5th gear on a Maverick with the 4k tow package (i.e., 3.81 final drive ratio). In this scenario the peak power for the base run occurs at about 5100 RPM and the peak with your CAI occurred at about 5500 RPM. Ford specs indicate peak power for the 2.0 EB occurs at 5500 RPM. Can someone explain why power starts falling off early in the base run which then leads to significsnt gains with the CIA at the expected 5500 RPM peak?
The graphs from the original testing were done running the truck 1st-4th gear from a dead stop to about 90 mph in 4th.

The power falls off, mostly from an extremely rich AFR.

Fred27

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The graphs from the original testing were done running the truck 1st-4th gear from a dead stop to about 90 mph in 4th.

My truck has too few miles to be thrashed, so i have to rely on my calcylator. With stock tires my Lariat (3.81 rear end) is calculated to hit about 74 mph in 4th gear at the 6500 RPM readline. With the standard 3.63 gears in a non-4k rear end one would almost make it to 78 mph. Did you run over-sized tires or some how go far beyond redline (not to mention the advertized peak power RPM) to get to 90 in 4th?

Fred27

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ShowING The run vs RPM rather than speed would go a long way in clarifying things.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ShowING The run vs RPM rather than speed would go a long way in clarifying things.
When we built this we were way ahead of the game and no tuning was out, so there was no way to dyno the truck in one gear or by RPM. Now we can lock the truck in any gear and dyno a full sweep in that gear. The product is out, tested, proven, has had outstanding reviews from every single person who has bought and installed it, I'd guess there are close to 100 out there at this point.

Sponsored

BDUB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XL, 4x4. 2021 Ford Explorer xlt
@Buschur - Is this product available to be shipped to California? I do not have my Maverick yet but figured I would ask. Thanks for all the work you have put in.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Buschur - Is this product available to be shipped to California? I do not have my Maverick yet but figured I would ask. Thanks for all the work you have put in.
Yes! Oddly, we probably have shipped more parts to California for these trucks than any other state.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.