2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So weirdest thing this morning. I'm stopped waiting for traffic to go forward. While im stopped, every here and there it would feel like the truck would bump forward just a small amount and immediately stop again. The thing though is that this also seemed to occur when my subwoofer would hit pretty hard too. I do have an after market sub but I was also running heated seats/steering wheel/mirrors at the time too.

I dont know if its every trim but I believe the Lariat has an electric brake booster. So im sort of wondering if heavier electric draw could cause the brake booster to lose enough power for the brakes to let up.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So weirdest thing this morning. I'm stopped waiting for traffic to go forward. While im stopped, every here and there it would feel like the truck would bump forward just a small amount and immediately stop again. The thing though is that this also seemed to occur when my subwoofer would hit pretty hard too. I do have an after market sub but I was also running heated seats/steering wheel/mirrors at the time too.

I dont know if its every trim but I believe the Lariat has an electric brake booster. So im sort of wondering if heavier electric draw could cause the brake booster to lose enough power for the brakes to let up.
Post the worksheet given to the tech and his written response! "Customer states brakes slip when sub woofer peaks".

OP
OP
Dmat

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Post the worksheet given to the tech and his written response! "Customer states brakes slip when sub woofer peaks".
havent had time to bring this to a dealer and unless it keeps happening, I likely wont. Just trying to understand if what im thinking is a possibility or if im off basis.

Nesser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ranger, 2015 CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

havent had time to bring this to a dealer and unless it keeps happening, I likely wont. Just trying to understand if what im thinking is a possibility or if im off basis.
Shudder with the hybrid is a thing. I wouldn't think the subwoofer has anything to do with it.
Next time it happens turn off the radio for a bit.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is your foot on the pedal? Are you using the hold thing that holds the brakes until you step on the gas? I only use it when it gets hit by having something between the seats. But there's a lot going on with electric boosters, your theory could easily be valid.

Ford Maverick Brakes slipping 1701376747419

OP
OP
Dmat

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is your foot on the pedal? Are you using the hold thing that holds the brakes until you step on the gas? I only use it when it gets hit by having something between the seats. But there's a lot going on with electric boosters, your theory could easily be valid.

1701376747419.png
I've never used the hold before and after the 3rd bump i felt. I was pushing the pedal into the floor trying to make it stop.
Sponsored