2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

When I ordered my Maverick XLT the literature Ford had out on the Maverick mentioned that the XLT came with the Ford small wide-view blind spot mirror (small quarter mirror inside your main side mirrors).
Because of this, I didn’t add blind-spot monitoring, as my Ram had a similar mirror that works well enough.

Now that trucks are showing up, I’m noticing that only luxury package XLTs have that mirror. Non-lux XLTs have just standard mirror like an XL.
A bit disappointed, but too late to change my build.

Did anyone else know this detail?

The photos of my base XLT on the build tool has them.

Ford’s own site still shows the spotter glass as standard on XLT:

Ford Maverick Blind Spot Mirror - XLT spotter mirror 48DDBB45-9077-413D-B4DD-C597069283D9

Ford Maverick Blind Spot Mirror - XLT spotter mirror 5886D0EE-032C-487F-94BF-F3CF284F8A2C

Ford Maverick Blind Spot Mirror - XLT spotter mirror 172313FA-35F6-464E-BBD6-A4646719D1E5

Ford Maverick Blind Spot Mirror - XLT spotter mirror E028075B-712C-4D4A-BF34-DDC8B4D2F5C4
Sponsored

Last edited:

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all,

When I ordered my Maverick XLT the literature Ford had out on the Maverick mentioned that the XLT came with the Ford small wide-view blind spot mirror (small quarter mirror inside your main side mirrors).
Because of this, I didn’t add blind-spot monitoring, as my Ram had a similar mirror that works well enough.

Now that trucks are showing up, I’m noticing that only luxury package XLTs have that mirror. Non-lux XLTs have just standard mirror like an XL.
A bit disappointed, but too late to change my build.

Did anyone else know this detail?

The photos of my base XLT on the build tool has them.

Ford’s own site still shows the spotter glass as standard on XLT:

48DDBB45-9077-413D-B4DD-C597069283D9.png

5886D0EE-032C-487F-94BF-F3CF284F8A2C.png

172313FA-35F6-464E-BBD6-A4646719D1E5.png

E028075B-712C-4D4A-BF34-DDC8B4D2F5C4.png

That 2nd picture is a Lux package also because it has body colored mirror caps. The difference is the 360 package. The Mavericks that have the blind-spot monitoring don't have the blind spot mirror.

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That 2nd picture is a Lux package also because it has body colored mirror caps. The difference is the 360 package. The Mavericks that have the blind-spot monitoring don't have the blind spot mirror.
Thank you for catching that!
That would mean I still will get the little mirror then? If so, that is good news for me.
Do they have this info posted anywhere? I must have missed it if so.

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just tested this on the build site and noticed that you are correct. If I add 360 pack, the little mirror disappears in the photos of vehicle. If I remove 360, the mirror shows back up.

That’s good news to me. Thanks again!

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for catching that!
That would mean I still will get the little mirror then? If so, that is good news for me.
Do they have this info posted anywhere? I must have missed it if so.
If it's an XLT without the 360 package then yes you'll have the blind spot mirrors.

Ford Maverick Blind Spot Mirror - XLT spotter mirror 1636173211003

Sponsored

Actonusa

First Name
Randolph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Grand Cherokee, Mav Hybrid on order
Have seen a few other posts here regarding this subject and thought I would add my 2 cents.

Years ago an old boss of mine showed me how to properly adjust my side view mirrors, which almost eliminates blind spots.

Seated in drivers seat l, lean left until your cheek almost touches window. Adjust drivers side mirror in/out until you just barely see the side of the vehicle (adjust height of mirror to preference). For passenger side, lean right until your head is above armrest and adjust in/out until you just see vehicle.

It's gonna be strange to not see the vehicle when seated properly and it was put to me this way "if the danger is that close....it's too late"

This method takes getting used to but once you are you will wonder why you ever did it another way (and it renders blind spot mirrors useless)

Watch as a car approaches from the rear. Your rear view mirror keeps the vehicle in view until the side view mirror catches it (you can actually see the vehicle in the rear and side view at the same time). The side view mirror then keeps the vehicle on sight until it is in you peripheral vision

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What Ford is not realizing is people don't just use the blind spot mirror for when they're in traffic. I use them when turning in tight places to follow up around poles and such. I use them in backing also. The Blind Monitor does none of that for you. So I found a nice little set of convex spots and put them on myself.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those little imbedded mirrors were/are highly effective in seeing what in the rear.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have seen a few other posts here regarding this subject and thought I would add my 2 cents.

Years ago an old boss of mine showed me how to properly adjust my side view mirrors, which almost eliminates blind spots.

Seated in drivers seat l, lean left until your cheek almost touches window. Adjust drivers side mirror in/out until you just barely see the side of the vehicle (adjust height of mirror to preference). For passenger side, lean right until your head is above armrest and adjust in/out until you just see vehicle.

It's gonna be strange to not see the vehicle when seated properly and it was put to me this way "if the danger is that close....it's too late"

This method takes getting used to but once you are you will wonder why you ever did it another way (and it renders blind spot mirrors useless)

Watch as a car approaches from the rear. Your rear view mirror keeps the vehicle in view until the side view mirror catches it (you can actually see the vehicle in the rear and side view at the same time). The side view mirror then keeps the vehicle on sight until it is in you peripheral vision
First sentence it ‘almost” eliminates the blind spot, then you say it renders the blind spot mirror useless? Which is it?
A spotter mirror eliminates the blind spot and you don’t have to angle you sideview mirror out as far.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Exactly. I use mine religiously. Posts here say all trims get them if no cp360. I have watched every XL video review I can find and checked photos. I've been careful to look for the power mirror switch on door panel as I know this would indicate cp360 on the
Xl. I'm a mid aged retired veteran and had head trauma with visual impairments. This is very relevant to me if anyone has an XL without 360 or factual information. The XL builder I've seen only says manual glass and does not say integrated spotter. I've seen photos/videos with and without(again being careful to look for power mirror switch if 360 wasn't noted in review/pics). Sincerely appreciate any help.

I actually looked up the Maverick order guide and it definitely shows that if you get an XL, you will not get the spotter mirror regardless of whether or not you get the co-pilot360 package. I am just glad that the co-pilot360 package on the XL quietly gives you power mirror. Once you go up to XLT, as long as you don’t get the co-pilot360 package, the mirrors will come with the spotter mirror.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I learned about this method of adjusting your mirrors in some driving class I had take in the Air Force over 20 years ago! I've been using it ever since. You absolutely correct in that as a car approaching from the rear and starts to pass you will be picked up by both rear and side mirror.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
That's what I found on the XL build. What is confusing is if you go to ford.com and build an XL you can clearly see the spotter mirror in pics. Add cp360 and clearly see spotter mirror disappear. Member (mamboman777 I believe)noted this a while back. The video "what's included and what's not on the base maverick" clearly shows no spotter mirrors and states/shows no power mirrors(thus no cp360). If spotters were standard it should have them. This is why I'm looking for factual confirmation from someone with XL and no cp360. Thanks for your help.
best thing to do is get the most recent Maverick Order Guide that came out November 10th. It is linked somewhere on this forum site.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I always adjust my side view mirrors based on this technique. Tilting your head always gave too much of an angle and made the side view mirrors hard to use. Instead, I sit up straight in the normal driving position and adjust the side view mirrors until I can see my own car. Then I angle the mirror out so my car is no longer visible. It should look like you are looking straight back down the middle of the next lane over instead of angled off to the side. Since every car is different, then go sit parked at the side of the road and watch traffic pass in your mirrors. It should pass smoothly with no "gaps" from rear view to side view to your peripheral vision. Adjust your side views until any gaps in vision are eliminated.

rret

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Frontier, 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone buy aftermarket blind spot mirrors for the Maverick? Is so, please give details. Thx.​
Sponsored