First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't believe how expensive wheels for the Maverick are. I know what snow tires I want its just the darn wheels are the problem. Steel wheels run about a 100 each but ugly . Any maybe old factory wheels that would fit I can find used? Or is the Maverick to new and no wheels from an old car that i can find used will fit?

Most threads on wheels are all about the most expensive COOL wheels. I would prefer not ugly steel ones if possible Google just tries and sells me 300 dollar each wheels.,

Oh this is for 2023 XLT hybrid 17 inch. If I new smaller wheels like 16 would fit I would do that too. I had 14 inchers on an old car that came with 15's. Just got a taller diameter tires to match factory diameter tires.
Sponsored

Larry E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suzuki chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't believe how expensive wheels for the Maverick are. I know what snow tires I want its just the darn wheels are the problem. Steel wheels run about a 100 each but ugly . Any maybe old factory wheels that would fit I can find used? Or is the Maverick to new and no wheels from an old car that i can find used will fit?

Most threads on wheels are all about the most expensive COOL wheels. I would prefer not ugly steel ones if possible Google just tries and sells me 300 dollar each wheels.,

Oh this is for 2023 XLT hybrid 17 inch. If I new smaller wheels like 16 would fit I would do that too. I had 14 inchers on an old car that came with 15's. Just got a taller diameter tires to match factory diameter tires.
Hi I used 2013 escape wheels got them on eBay for 65.00 each cleaned and repainted then silver and clear coated them worked gerat

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi I used 2013 escape wheels got them on eBay for 65.00 each cleaned and repainted then silver and clear coated them worked gerat
How did you know they would fit. Just a guess?

Larry E

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suzuki chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you know they would fit. Just a guess?
They have the same lug pattern but the maverick has a bigger wheel studs the maverick has 14 mm the escape are 12 mm but the holes in the rims are big enough for the 14 mm studs

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have the same lug pattern but the maverick has a bigger wheel studs the maverick has 14 mm the escape are 12 mm but the holes in the rims are big enough for the 14 mm studs
Are they 17 inch or 16 inch? I appreciate the help

Sponsored

yoyomav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger 3.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got 2021 escape wheels for 100 cad each to replace my factory steelies. And will use the steelies for winter.

MaxMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT hybrid, 18 Volt, 07MX5 PRHT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
find someone with an XL that wants to upgrade to other rims and make an offer.

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just bought xlt wheels and will be putting snow tires on the steelies. Garbage wheel for garbage weather lol

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an XL and was going to use the steelies for my snows and I bought a set of 5 spoke aluminums for summer. I changed to XLT BAP and that comes with 18" wheels so the 17" - 5 spokes will be my winter wheels, but I will be able to use a taller snow tire which is better in winter. The 5 spokes are also better as the clear snow out easier (damn that cap lock)THAN THE COMPLICATED WHEEL PATTERNS THAT TRAP SNOW TURDS IN THEIR NOOKS AND CRANNIES, THROWING OFF THEIR BALANCE.

Sponsored

51mavhatter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT ECO
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to expand on the snow tire topic. For the 2 sets of wheels crowd, how long are the winter and summer tires lasting. How many winters can you get before replacing the snows? How many summers? Or are you just running an all terrain tire all year and what's the life span in that scenario. Got a '23 VIN and build week of Sept 4. Probably won't see the truck until a few months later well into winter here in Colorado. Any feedback will be wonderful. Regards Jeff

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

16’s will not fit, but many ford cars/suvs use same 5x108 bolt pattern (fusion, escape, focus, newer than 2014 edges, etc). Or go to any tire rack/discount tire website they’re a sponsor on here too.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

See "Mike Bison" thread from Monday and "Dnelly" earlier posts. (Do a search.) The 16 inch rims will not clear the rear rotors without excessive offset.
Sponsored