Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tried pulling it off with my bare hands and it wouldn't budge. Not sure how you did it. Is it possible to just spray it without taking it off?
Maybe this video will help. Go to around 5 min 50 sec
Sponsored

Deleted member 23340

Maybe this video will help. Go to around 5 min 50 sec
Yeah that was much more informative than just pull on them lol. Still want to know if it's possible just to black out the XLT without taking them out though?

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah that was much more informative than just pull on them lol. Still want to know if it's possible just to black out the XLT without taking them out though?

Yes. No removal done on mine

Ford Maverick BAP'd (Blacked Out) My Fender Emblems IMG_2262

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So did you basically just tape around that XLT part and spray it?
yep just taped a box around it. I used HyperDip from dipyourcar.com. IMO it flexes a bit more than regular PlastiDip and snaps at edges a bit better when you peel the overspray off. A couple tight spots I delicately used an exacto to encourage it. I used HyperDip on the XLT and front and rear ovals. Been on about 1.5 years and it has held up great

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry you've struggled, but for me it just wasn't hard. If you open the door, you can get your fingers below that edge of the emblem and it didn't take much effort at all to start working it loose.

Just seemed like it would be a lot easier to spray while not on the truck, but I am sure you can do it without removing it. Just tape off the painted surfaces around your spray area, of course.

Deleted member 23340

yep just taped a box around it. I used HyperDip from dipyourcar.com. IMO it flexes a bit more than regular PlastiDip and snaps at edges a bit better when you peel the overspray off. A couple tight spots I delicately used an exacto to encourage it. I used HyperDip on the XLT and front and rear ovals. Been on about 1.5 years and it has held up great
Cool. I already have some Plasti-Dip so I'll try that first. Thanks

Deleted member 23340

Sorry you've struggled, but for me it just wasn't hard. If you open the door, you can get your fingers below that edge of the emblem and it didn't take much effort at all to start working it loose.

Just seemed like it would be a lot easier to spray while not on the truck, but I am sure you can do it without removing it. Just tape off the painted surfaces around your spray area, of course.
Never did this before.. You didn't mention opening the door and going through the other side originally. You just said pull on the badges. Now I might get it, but after watching the how to video, not sure I want to chance taking them off. I'll try the spray while still on

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The advantage to however you do it- is the plastic is textured enough the spray should stick really easily and well. :) I was thinking about getting a tool and slicing the letters off, but may spray also.... (before the LED blinker addition)

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fender emblems have some plastic tabs that go into metal clips. Just pull. Get them started on the sides and once you get clearance to get your finger under them just pull off.
For work like that get a set of the plastic trim tools. Harbor Frieght has them for a few bucks. Great for things like this.
Sponsored