Sponsored

Bad experience with drop shipping (Ford Franklin MA)

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bottom line is to have things in writing with the expiration date for terms and conditions as it was a contract even if it is this drop-ship is just costing you a few hundred dollars.
In July I called the fleet manager of the above dealership and discussed a courtesy delivery for a vehicle purchased elsewhere. He was friendly, send an email with the details of the cost and the dealership code to enter in the DORA for the 4% deal with Tom-dealerinsider.
With my vehicle now going to priority 2, I called them to check things out since it is now 6 months since the initial interaction. I received a call from the sales manager that said no thank you.

Basically, he first asked where I bought the vehicle why I did not buy it from them, are you a private customer? and then said that we will not accept the vehicle. He went through a bunch of excuses in my opinion such as this is not a courtesy delivery is a drop-ship, courtesy delivery is for fleet only. Then added the fact it was not worth having the transaction because of the liability in having the vehicle in storage with them even for a few days. I mentioned that with the VIN available I could have insurance to cover that but finally liquidated me saying we do not have a valid binding contract.
I am attaching the initial email exchange mostly for you to learn about the term of a courtesy delivery. I blame myself a bit, but clearly the head of the sales team who bypassed the fleet manager and basically called off the process. I feel they are so starved of revenue that they are not going to help you a bit....
I am going to just drive to Pennsylvania to pick up the maverick when available. Maybe I am going to upgrade to a lariat to sweeten the deal with the 4% under invoice deal.
just FYI
+++++++++++++++++
Dave XXXXX <[email protected]>
Mon 7/26/2021 4:22 PM
To: XXXX

Good Afternoon XXXX,

On a courtesy delivery, our fee structure is as follows:

1. PDI - paid for by Ford
2. Courtesy delivery fee - $ 295.00
3. Full professional detailing (exterior/interior) - $ 45.00.
4. Fill gas tank - actual cost at Speedway. Currently they are at $ 2.95 per gallon.
5. Registration - assuming Massachusetts actual cost no markup.
6. Sales taxes - assuming Massachusetts actual amount due with no markup.
7. Massachusetts safety inspection sticker - $ 35.00 passenger plates or commercial plates up to 10,000 pounds. No markup.
8. Commercial vehicle upfit if required (ladder racks, etc.) $ 135.00 per service hour.

Franklin Ford dealership code is 11D498.

Sincerely,
Dave XXXX
Franklin Ford
Courtesy Deliveries

508-520-3600
XXXXXX@franklinford.com

On Monday 07/26/2021 at 4:11 pm, XXXX wrote:
Hello,
we just had a phone call on the term and cost of the pre-delivery inspection. You mention that your dealership does not automatically perform detailing and gas filling and that I needed to reach you by email for all the details.
thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know it's hard to believe all these horror stories that have been posted about these dealerships across the United States are they that money hungry I know I had the same problem when I bought my wife a new Ford Mustang I saved approximately $2,500 off the price of buying it in town less cost for the car more for a trade in when she took it in to get it serviced and to look at a problem they treated my wife so very badly and also endangered her life by not taking care of the problem I call Ford next day and filed a couple different complaints also asked for be Ford representative phone number to talk to him they would not give it to me but said he would call me I asked for a follow-up this is 3 years ago and to this day nobody has ever contacted me so sad on Ford's behalf it's the truth I could go on but no need they are a very poor dealership luckily there is a large dealership that has several different makes and models and they a few years ago bought a small Ford dealership in McKenzie West Tennessee and they are real good folks sorry for your bad experience with that money hungry dealership but just remember one thing it's called karma it has a tendency to come back and bite people.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too bad peoples words don’t mean much these days.

If my local dealer pulls this crap on my drop ship from Chapman I’ll just fly up and drive back.

Just waiting on the magical build date email from Ford.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Imagine trying to do business with a dealership by paying them a fair price for a service.
Sponsored