jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to post this to counter all the negative posts.
In my opinion Ford is doing a good job.
I’m grateful they are making the Maverick now that so many trucks have grown in size and price.

This is my first Ford, and it has left me with appreciation of the brand as a whole.
Sponsored

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for
Just wanted to post this to counter all the negative posts.
In my opinion Ford is doing a good job.
I’m grateful they are making the Maverick now that so many trucks have grown in size and price.

This is my first Ford, and it has left me with appreciation of the brand as a whole.
I feel the same, my first Ford not my first truck. I don’t need a big truck this will fit my needs perfectly.Has Ford made some mistakes along the way, yes. Could Ford predict building a new truck during a global pandemic,no.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For being the oldest and most well known car company that revolutionized the world and car manufacturing as we know it, I still say they can do much better.

5-6000 units per month is horrible in my opinion when you compare it to Toyota/Honda.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
It's easy to say things like this and have sentiments like this when it's sitting in your garage or driveway.
Ask the people who ordered in June and are still waiting and they might have a slightly different attitude about Ford.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's easy to say things like this and have sentiments like this when it's sitting in your garage or driveway.
Ask the people who ordered in June and are still waiting and they might have a slightly different attitude about Ford.
Yup, I'm still pissed off. I ordered mine on launch day in June and was promised "Fall of 2021 Delivery" but didn't take delivery of it until Winter 2022. Mine has been at the dealer longer than I've owned it now.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick is my first Ford as well. Before, I had only owned Japanese vehicles from Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Toyota.

The 6-month wait was frustrating, but understandable. So I’m not going to ding Ford too much for that.

Otherwise, I’m happy with my decision to give Ford a try so far. The hybrid Maverick is really the truck that Toyota should have built many years ago, so kudos for Ford to taking the risk.

Whether I stick with with brand in the future is now 100% dependent on reliability and durability, which will take time to evaluate. I’m hopeful, but a little nervous.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sorry I just can not get behind you . I have ordered Fords, Chevys Jeeps and have never been in the dark like this and no communication. I still have the email from Ford telling me that I would have my new Maverick in the fall of 2021. It's one thing to have several problems going on with your production but it's another thing to treat you like a Dam mushroom put you in the dark basement and feed you nothing but bulshit. My first Ford that I ordered was a 1973 Pinto Pangra from Huntington Ford in Arcadia California so this is not my first rodeo I'm sorry I'm too damn old and I know that this is a bunch of Bulshit. !!! Everyone has an opinion and that's just mine also if you get a chance Google Pinto Pangra it was a fantastic little car and it hauled ass😲

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford coming out with a new truck that ends up being more popular than they could have imagined in what unfortunately coincided with a worldwide sh**show of pandemic and the resulting domino effect it caused is a major feat on their part.

And those that are pissed, it isn't so hard to see, are the type that are pissed about everything in life that doesn't show up wrapped in a bow.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone please post the email/ad promising all orders (or your specific order) would be delivered fall of 2021? From I remember, they said deliveries should start in the fall or something to that effect...

Very important distinction

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
For being the oldest and most well known car company that revolutionized the world and car manufacturing as we know it, I still say they can do much better.

5-6000 units per month is horrible in my opinion when you compare it to Toyota/Honda.
This is pretty ignorant to say. It's a first year model. They had no idea how it would sell, all they could do was forecast sales. It was a questionable vehicle in a segment (small truck) that has died off before. It was pretty smart business wise of them to produce it along side the Bronco Sport to help minimize production costs. Maybe they will expand the current factory at some point to increase production but clearly you know nothing about large scale manufacturing. Comparing the Maverick rollout to Toyota producing anything is ridiculous especially considering the fact that the RAV4 Prime currently has a two year wait if you want one.

So many clueless people on these forums that have no idea how a business like Ford runs, You think everything appears out of thin air and don't realize that the planning for the Maverick has probably been in the works for years.

Sponsored

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford’s biggest problem is themselves. They rushed to market a low costing truck. There’s no way a focus group didn’t tell you this would be a super hot in demand vehicle at a great price point. The biggest problem is, they can’t meet demands. It started with the Bronco , now the Maverick, and the Lightning is next up.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Ford coming out with a new truck that ends up being more popular than they could have imagined in what unfortunately coincided with a worldwide sh**show of pandemic and the resulting domino effect it caused is a major feat on their part.

And those that are pissed, it isn't so hard to see, are the type that are pissed about everything in life that doesn't show up wrapped in a bow.
They are literally KARENS. They are the KARENS of the automotive purchasing world. The "I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER" types.

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sorry I just can not get behind you . I have ordered Fords, Chevys Jeeps and have never been in the dark like this and no communication. I still have the email from Ford telling me that I would have my new Maverick in the fall of 2021. It's one thing to have several problems going on with your production but it's another thing to treat you like a Dam mushroom put you in the dark basement and feed you nothing but bulshit. My first Ford that I ordered was a 1973 Pinto Pangra from Huntington Ford in Arcadia California so this is not my first rodeo I'm sorry I'm too damn old and I know that this is a bunch of Bulshit. !!! Everyone has an opinion and that's just mine also if you get a chance Google Pinto Pangra it was a fantastic little car and it hauled ass😲
LOVE THIS <I AGREE

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I think Ford’s biggest problem is themselves. They rushed to market a low costing truck. There’s no way a focus group didn’t tell you this would be a super hot in demand vehicle at a great price point. The biggest problem is, they can’t meet demands. It started with the Bronco , now the Maverick, and the Lightning is next up.
Do you not understand that these products have been in development for probably somewhere between 5 and 10 years? Do you not agree that the economy, supply chain circumstances and demand for vehicles overall was vastly different 5 years ago when the framework for the Maverick rollout was probably developed in concept? By the time the pandemic and supply chain crisis reared their ugly heads the process was already locked an loaded, you can't just make major changes on the fly.

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, I'm still pissed off. I ordered mine on launch day in June and was promised "Fall of 2021 Delivery" but didn't take delivery of it until Winter 2022. Mine has been at the dealer longer than I've owned it now.
LIKE !! I ordered 01/21 almost no communication with dealer and NONE WITH FORD , its my 1Ford so I have had many.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.