First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the maverick XLT with luxury package in sepetember 2021. I removed the luxury package as instructed in May 2022. Has anyone else ordered that long ago and still not received or not even been scheduled? I called to have th dealership double check the removal of the lux package and they said it went from priority 10 to 2… thanks in advance for any info/replies
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered the maverick XLT with luxury package in sepetember 2021. I removed the luxury package as instructed in May 2022. Has anyone else ordered that long ago and still not received or not even been scheduled? I called to have th dealership double check the removal of the lux package and they said it went from priority 10 to 2… thanks in advance for any info/replies
I ordered September 18, 2021…. After dropping some things in February, I’ve been waiting for my XLT EB AWD Lux, CP360, Tow Package w/ rear window, full size spare and floor mats. If they don’t schedule it for this year, I will more than likely not bother to re-order. I’m 72 and I’m not going to waste anymore time waiting on the Unicorn. Ford has screwed this whole process up and I’m so very disappointed in them. So I wait for the final schedule to be done, and keep my 18 RAV4 hybrid. I don’t need a pickup, but I honestly wanted one…. I’m hoping but I’m a realist, and I know that the constraints are not going away just because Ford changes a digit in a VIN… and I’m tired of no communication, no words of encouragement or even a small., I’m sorry from Ford. Wow, so yes I ordered a long time ago and nothing but crickets.

Gray Optician 47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10, 2023 XLT Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Hybrid XLT with Lux package Oct 5th. Cancelled Lux package in Feb. Order is priority 2 and has been since March. No Vin still waiting and feel most likely I'm looking at a 23. Hybrid is probably my issue. Such is the car business today. I'm 75 this Oct and hoping for B Day Maverick

Last edited:

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a fairly well loaded Lariat hybrid June 19, 2021. I am scheduled for a build week of August 1 but doubt that will happen. I ordered it because I don't have a truck but I certainly don't need a truck. Like Captain, I just like trucks and have had and enjoyed several in the past.

After a few months it became clear this would be a fiasco so I bought a Ridgeline and just holding on to my Maverick order in the case it does get built. If so, I will flip it for a few thousand profit - I hope. I can pay cash for the truck if it does get delivered and the dealer does not try to screw me, which I assume he will try. By paying cash I will get free title and should make selling easier.

Because I bought a Ridgeline, I wanted the Maverick just as I ordered it with all the bells and whistles so no constraint items were taken off although I knew that would cause further delays. I took the position of whatever happens happens. I don't care one way or the other.

OP
OP

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered September 18, 2021…. After dropping some things in February, I’ve been waiting for my XLT EB AWD Lux, CP360, Tow Package w/ rear window, full size spare and floor mats. If they don’t schedule it for this year, I will more than likely not bother to re-order. I’m 72 and I’m not going to waste anymore time waiting on the Unicorn. Ford has screwed this whole process up and I’m so very disappointed in them. So I wait for the final schedule to be done, and keep my 18 RAV4 hybrid. I don’t need a pickup, but I honestly wanted one…. I’m hoping but I’m a realist, and I know that the constraints are not going away just because Ford changes a digit in a VIN… and I’m tired of no communication, no words of encouragement or even a small., I’m sorry from Ford. Wow, so yes I ordered a long time ago and nothing but crickets.
I agree they have screwed it all up. Luckily I don’t “need” it but I want it for my work truck and going to give my current car to my mother in law so that’s the only pressing issue per say. I really wish they just communicated better like you said. Thank you for your reply

Sponsored

OP
OP

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a fairly well loaded Lariat hybrid June 19, 2021. I am scheduled for a build week of August 1 but doubt that will happen. I ordered it because I don't have a truck but I certainly don't need a truck. Like Captain, I just like trucks and have had and enjoyed several in the past.

After a few months it became clear this would be a fiasco so I bought a Ridgeline and just holding on to my Maverick order in the case it does get built. If so, I will flip it for a few thousand profit - I hope. I can pay cash for the truck if it does get delivered and the dealer does not try to screw me, which I assume he will try. By paying cash I will get free title and should make selling easier.

Because I bought a Ridgeline, I wanted the Maverick just as I ordered it with all the bells and whistles so no constraint items were taken off although I knew that would cause further delays. I took the position of whatever happens happens. I don't care one way or the other.
ridgeline is a nice truck! And I hated taking off the luxury package as that’s how I wanted it. I am hopeful to get it this year but it wouldn’t be terrible if it gets pushed back I just wish they had a better way of letting us know. This whole ordeal has been crazy! I guess I just have to let it be and wait

TammyLeazier

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
December but my point is that I removed nothing and it's been built and on its way to my dealership luxury lariat co360 all the bells and whistles so your dealership never kept on ford to push it I'm thinking we went to p2 immediately

OP
OP

Majoretx

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
December but my point is that I removed nothing and it's been built and on its way to my dealership luxury lariat co360 all the bells and whistles so your dealership never kept on ford to push it I'm thinking we went to p2 immediately
wow that’a nice. I think my issue may also be that the dealership I ordered it from is Toliver ford in mineola tx it’s a small town and small dealership.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't feel too bad about not being scheduled. I have been scheduled a couple of times, always for about six weeks hence, and then nothing happens. Other people posting here just get a call from the dealer when their Maverick arrives. I have been getting some e mails from Ford. But no car.

Martyi48 - I also shopped the Ridgeline, the dealer had them in stock but wanted $50K ($7K over MSRP) for the cheapest one in an ugly color. My wife offered to kick my backside for even considering spending that much. It was very, very nice though!

Another Ford dealer had the exact Maverick I had ordered only with the EcoBoost instead of the Hybrid. I got them down to $7K over MSRP (Grrr) and took it home.

Many years ago my brother worked at a marine parts store. Broken down boaters would come in and ask for an obscure part, my brother would say yes we have it and it costs $2K. The boater would exclaim why that's exorbitant; the other parts store only wants $1K for the very same part! Brother says - why didn't you buy it from them? Boater says - they were not in stock. Brother says - well we only charge $1K when we don't have them in stock. Boater pays $2K and says Grrr. This is how free markets function. Sometimes you have to say Grrr.

It's a freaking awesome truck and worth the wait and the extra bucks. I call her TINA - There Is No Alternative.

TammyLeazier

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
wow that’a nice. I think my issue may also be that the dealership I ordered it from is Toliver ford in mineola tx it’s a small town and small dealership.
Possible ours is huge
Sponsored