First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they really increase it by $3500 that is just insanity. For that price, you can get the Santa Cruz (comparing fully loaded top trim models) that has a much nicer interior, more features (green paint, 360 camera, ventilated seats, fully digital cluster, etc), no fire hazards and better warranty lol

That price increase would totally kill the value for the Maverick.
In my opinion, the secret sauce of the Maverick is that it is a modern vehicle at yesteryear’s price.

It does seem to me that that autoblog article pulled the $3,500 price increase out of thin air. Maybe they are no better than the useless motobiscuit site.
Sponsored

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad I have mine already. Base price is what got me to order and ditch the old beater car. If the XL Hybrid started at 25, I would not have considered ditching the old car.

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In my opinion, the secret sauce of the Maverick is that it is a modern vehicle at yesteryear’s price.

It does seem to me that that autoblog article pulled the $3,500 price increase out of thin air. Maybe they are no better than the useless motobiscuit site.
Agreed, and also the hybrid availability. I think the Santa Cruz would move more units if they had a hybrid model available

Mendicant

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If they really increase it by $3500 that is just insanity. For that price, you can get the Santa Cruz (comparing fully loaded top trim models) that has a much nicer interior, more features (green paint, 360 camera, ventilated seats, fully digital cluster, etc), no fire hazards and better warranty lol

I'm not so sure about that. Last week I received a call from a local dealer telling me they had a hybrid in stock. I asked how much over MSRP, and he said $7500. While I was not interested, it sold the next day.

There will be no shortage of people willing to pay $3500 over the current price.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would for me

Sponsored

OP
OP
OleFordGuy

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I kind of would like to know where they got this $3500 increase from for the 24MY. I understand that it should go up some, but $3500 seems very high when not much changed. If you use the Ranger for a template, there is some bias as it just got off a refresh for this year, and it added more tech and such even on the base model. The Maverick isnt having like anything changed... 3500 seems way too high...I hope.
I think "jsus" response in post #9 is spot on correct on the price increase

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn I feel for all you guys and gals. Took me 11 months to get my 22 ecoboost
Knowing what I know now I would have purchased something else Ford has had a few years of being a monopoly in this class. Other than the Santa Cruz. You would think that after the 22 debacle they would have learned. Once other competitors start that will end. They blew a golden opportunity.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So they are running on ten day supply ?

SleepySin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, if the CEO of Ford is pessimistic that my truck will be built, I guess it is time for me to be pessimistic as well.
Dont be discouraged! I placed my order on day one in September and picking mine up today (just under 9 months wait time)!

Last edited:
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe not $3500 but you can be sure it will be higher. The less than $20k trucks are long gone.
Of course. Everything is going up. $3500 for a base Maverick is pessimistically high from the end of one model year to the start of the next, though. Maybe for hybrids to lower demand and make EcoBoost the lower priced option, but...

Z06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, 15 Ram 2500, HHR, 23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What pisses me off is the no price protection on 24MY rumors. I’m completely fine being patient and waiting. I also ordered an eco boost tremor and still have no scheduled date.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dont be discouraged! I placed my order on day one in September and picking mine up today (just under 6 9 months wait time)!
Fixed it for you

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What pisses me off is the no price protection on 24MY rumors. I’m completely fine being patient and waiting. I also ordered an eco boost tremor and still have no scheduled date.
Not a rumor, Ford has previously communicated to dealers that they do not intend to offer something like the 22-23MY transition offer ($1750 EB, $2750 Hybrid).
Sponsored