Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Ford Maverick & Hyundai Santa Cruz

Ford Maverick Article: Most Over-Rated Vehicles: Maverick & Santa Cruz a146eaffad6faf28bfece203638f9245
Image: Ford
The new Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz. Two front wheel drive cars pretending to be pickups might be the closest we can get to something as useful as the old Ranger and S-10 in today’s regulatory environment, but it really doesn’t fully fill the void left behind by the loss of those trucks to people who actually used them as trucks.
-Sid Bridge via https://jalopnik.com/here-are-the-most-overrated-cars-on-sale-today-1847549024
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I had a fellow at work asking me why I am not buying a diesel. :rolleyes: I could spend $60,000 AND get 24 mpg.

Hint, it's not overrated to people that have normal needs. Actually with maverick I am getting better gas milage and double the payload of my current vehicle.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
So the 2010 ranger had lower maximum towing capacity, very similar payload, worse MPG engine options, and small cabs.

The only thing it really had that was better was the bed was a little longer. Some people would rather have that longer bed with the smaller cab, but not many. I'd hardly call that unable to fill the void.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Click Bait!!!

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta love an entry that contains gatekeeping, weaponized nostalgia, and libertarian gobbledygook despite only being two sentences long. All in an article that's basically pointless because in today's climate, with hundreds and thousands of hyper-specific enthusiast 'news' sites that all function as advertisement arms of their related industries, everything is overhyped. Nothing can ever possibly live up to the hype this cyclone of buffoonery generates, so why pick out examples?

Deleted member 1370

I was told similar by someone whom I told i orderd this pickup. "well if you want to do work with a truck you should get a powerstroke, anything less is just pointless". yea thanks mr rockefeller and napoleon complex. I dont need a super large truck. I just need something that will tow a good amount for when i move cross country, be reliable and good on fuel as well as not be a pain to park or insure. theres alot folks who just dont like the idea of anything smaller than an f150. not all but a chunk of em

Sponsored

cactusdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Pretty funny article if you read thru it.

I've owned rangers, a frontier, and many full sized trucks over the years. While they all provided the version of utility I needed at the time none of them ride well or get decent gas mileage so I sell them and end up buying another one looking for the perfect "one" to fit my needs at the time.

I'm hoping the Maverick is that perfect combination of comfort/gas mileage/utility that has always eluded me in the past.

Time will tell...

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Click Bait!!!
Did anyone actually read the article? It's not anyone at Jalopnik writing that the Maverick & Santa Cruz are over rated. They asked readers their opinions on vehicles that are over rated & published some of responses.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone actually read the article? It's not anyone at Jalopnik writing that the Maverick & Santa Cruz are over rated. They asked readers their opinions on vehicles that are over rated & published some of responses.
Yes, but Jalopnik is the one who asked the question (And curated the responses). If I asked a group why vaccines are bad and just published the responses without commenting or analysis, you'd probably be able to derive an accurate representation of my intent anyway.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The website’s rollup of readers comments was of no substance. Both these vehicles are niche vehicles that fill a need, no more no less, and they do it very well. Never designed to replace an F350 powerstroke, those that don’t like it, don’t understand it purpose.
Sponsored