Sponsored

Are you paying Added Dealer Markup (ADM) on your Maverick?

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are any of you paying any Added Dealer Markups? I told my dealership flat out I wasn't going to pay any Dealer Markups and I wasn't going to pay any Non Refundable Deposits (Ok I admit that I paid a $300.00 "Refundable" Deposit but I've bought new vehicles from them since 1995 and they do all of our service work too) I'm just curious because I've seen posts of large Deposits AND Dealer Markups too. Ford and other Brands are moving to an online ordering process. I think Dealerships that don't get that and continue to try to screw their customers will be out of business in 5 years. What do you think?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are any of you paying any Added Dealer Markups? I told my dealership flat out I wasn't going to pay any Dealer Markups and I wasn't going to pay any Non Refundable Deposits (Ok I admit that I paid a $300.00 "Refundable" Deposit but I've bought new vehicles from them since 1995 and they do all of our service work too) I'm just curious because I've seen posts of large Deposits AND Dealer Markups too. Ford and other Brands are moving to an online ordering process. I think Dealerships that don't get that and continue to try to screw their customers well be out of business in 5 years. What do you think?
That last paragraph was supposed to read:
"I think Dealerships that don't get that and continue to try to screw their customers "WILL" be out of business in 5 years. What do you think?"

Damn auto correct,)

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was fortunate to be within an easy driving distance (2.5 hours) of Horsham, so I got the 4% below invoice in.

I'm kinda curious if Ford might just start drop shipping cars directly to peoples houses. Dealerships would just be the ordering/test driving location. Their "destination fee" is definitely high enough to cover something like that.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was fortunate to be within an easy driving distance (2.5 hours) of Horsham, so I got the 4% below invoice in.

I'm kinda curious if Ford might just start drop shipping cars directly to peoples houses. Dealerships would just be the ordering/test driving location. Their "destination fee" is definitely high enough to cover something like that.
Long MacArthur actually does that if the person finances through them and can even drop ship to a local dealer. I think that added Dealership competition will start keeping other local dealers in line but greed is greed so we'll all see over the next few years.

Sevesteen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Lux, 18 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nearest dealer didn't add markup, doc fee was $250. I wouldn't have minded a refundable deposit, they didn't ask for one. If there was a markup or a high doc fee, there's a couple of other dealers nearby I'd have gone to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They refused to give me a quote but I did get a paper trail of them saying MSRP - x plan discount so we'll see if they decide to go back on it. I will not pay markup. I'll just go back to Toyota
Yeah, I love that X Plan Pricing, thank you Mustang Club another great Club!!!!!

Sponsored

Khoneycutt

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Factory ordered my Maverick Hybrid directly from Ford in August and had it delivered to Charlotte County Ford, FL.. Arrived last Thursday. They tacked on $900 for pinstripe, window tint and ceramic coating which I agreed to reluctantly but turned out I was happy with it. Ford sent me a coupon worth $500 off which they honored. They didn’t try to pressure me for anything other than .%09 financing which I turned down since I was paying cash. Did have to sit through 15 min presentation on all the warranty packages which I also turned down since I’ll probably only put 5K a year mileage on the truck.

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Husband agreed to $1500 mark up when he signed the order 🤬 we have X-plan (employee benefit) also which in the past was $2500 off my Fusion but now is more like $600 off. FL also allows high doc fees, don't know this # yet, Mav just got off the railcar. We are soooo close to being done w this ordeal and I desperately want my Fusion back, husband took it for work, so I will keep my mouth shut 😂

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Factory ordered my Maverick Hybrid directly from Ford in August
and, pray tell, how did you order it from Ford, not a dealership? Smart enough to do that but still paid for add on crap? WOW!

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
Bought my Maverick while it was incoming onto a lot. Waited less than 30 days to take delivery.

You can get it cheap or you can get it fast, but not both.

They got me for $5,995. Would have been pretty rough on an XL or XLT but as a percentage of total purchase price it didn't seem too unreasonable. Paying 5k extra on a 25k truck isn't quite like paying 5.9k extra on a 40k truck.

To me, the ability to get my 'dream maverick' without waiting was worth every penny. Right color, right features, right time. It was worth it.

With an 812 credit score the financing was attractive enough that it might not be such a rough deal compared to waiting and buying a MY23 when you consider the unavoidable price inflation combined with rate hikes.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought my Maverick while it was incoming onto a lot. Waited less than 30 days to take delivery.

You can get it cheap or you can get it fast, but not both.

They got me for $5,995. Would have been pretty rough on an XL or XLT but as a percentage of total purchase price it didn't seem too unreasonable. Paying 5k extra on a 25k truck isn't quite like paying 5.9k extra on a 40k truck.

To me, the ability to get my 'dream maverick' without waiting was worth every penny. Right color, right features, right time. It was worth it.

With an 812 credit score the financing was attractive enough that it might not be such a rough deal compared to waiting and buying a MY23 when you consider the unavoidable price inflation combined with rate hikes.

Impatience is expensive.
Sponsored