Sponsored

Anyone install Katzkin leather seat replacement covers in XL/XLT trim levels?

RookieBlue7

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone removed and replaced the stock seat covers with Katzkin yet in the XL/XLT trim levels? I know they do a lot of oem seats and have had them in other vehicles but wondering if anyone has tried them in the Maverick yet? I’m thinking about custom ordering some and seeing if they’ll give me enough extra material to do the door panels (just the grey Diamond sections) like I’ve gotten before in other uses.
Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

RookieBlue7

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was more curious if anyone had purchased the Katzkin and installed it themselves. Those 2 appear to be installed by someone else. I bought the kits and installed them myself previously. Just curious about the diy difficulty

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was more curious if anyone had purchased the Katzkin and installed it themselves. Those 2 appear to be installed by someone else. I bought the kits and installed them myself previously. Just curious about the diy difficulty
Its a hog ring set up. So more time consuming than others. Otherwise it should be similar to what you’re used to

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think now you have to have a shop install them. Don’t think you can just buy the covers and install yourself like before.
Sponsored