Sponsored

Anyone in Connecticut with a build date?

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dad is located in Brookfield, and the colonial Ford in Danbury has a $1K deposit to order...which in my mind is pretty high. My F150L order deposit will be $500.

Would you reccomend shaker's and do you mind sharing the deposit fee?
I ordered my XLT Hybrid from Shakers, Jim Reed is the salesman. They were the only Ford dealer I could find near me that did not ask for a deposit...
Sponsored

armerdcatfish

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next door in RI. I got my shipped notice over the weekend.

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad is located in Brookfield, and the colonial Ford in Danbury has a $1K deposit to order...which in my mind is pretty high. My F150L order deposit will be $500.

Would you reccomend shaker's and do you mind sharing the deposit fee?
Shakers is Ok...I do not know anything about the repair shop. They have been around a long time.... its close to my house for servicing The deposit was $500.00 and MSRP pricing. They also lock-in any finance offers with your deposit.. If current offers are better, you can select the current offer.

The truth will be is what they offer me on my 2018 Subaru Crosstrek trade-in. If it's low I'll just sell to my Subaru Dealer right next door and walk over to get my truck.

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
I ordered my XLT Hybrid from Shakers, Jim Reed is the salesman. They were the only Ford dealer I could find near me that did not ask for a deposit...
Thanks for the response. I'll have my dad email him.

I found out Brewster Ford in NY is also doing $500 deposit, which seems more accurate.

Edit: Wow my Dad works quickly. Looks like you were lucky. It seems Jim at Shaker's is now asking for $500 deposit, like 2022MAVERICKAWDCT said, which is fine - again more palatable than $1000. Just thought I mentioned it for future lookers.

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
Shakers is Ok...I do not know anything about the repair shop. They have been around a long time.... its close to my house for servicing The deposit was $500.00 and MSRP pricing. They also lock-in any finance offers with your deposit.. If current offers are better, you can select the current offer.

The truth will be is what they offer me on my 2018 Subaru Crosstrek trade-in. If it's low I'll just sell to my Subaru Dealer right next door and walk over to get my truck.
Thanks - My dad contacted them and it sounds like he's gonna go with them. Any service would probably go through colonial ford since its closer to him. My dad mentioned that Jim Reed told him that only 1 order was pulled from August - so I guess the wait game starts!

Sponsored

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks - My dad contacted them and it sounds like he's gonna go with them. Any service would probably go through colonial ford since its closer to him. My dad mentioned that Jim Reed told him that only 1 order was pulled from August - so I guess the wait game starts!
That must be my order that was pulled....For once I was in the right place at the right time!

I hope your Dad's order is a 2.0 Eco-boost and gets pulled into the system quickly....Good Luck!

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
That must be my order that was pulled....For once I was in the right place at the right time!

I hope your Dad's order is a 2.0 Eco-boost and gets pulled into the system quickly....Good Luck!
Nice! Thanks for the help.

Engine is still to be determined but I think he’s leaning towards the hybrid. All good, though since he’s willing to wait.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got a call from Shakers Ford in Watertown, CT., They have one Maverick on the lot for viewing by appointment only.

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
Jim Reed initially told my father $500 deposit, and then when my dad placed his order and went in to do the paperwork Jim asked for $1000. My dad promptly reminded him of the $500 and Jim said “well if I told you $500 then I guess it’s $500”. Also, Jim told my dad that priority code 10 was the slowest priority number instead of the standard 19 which these forums suggest is inaccurate.

Slightly unsettling, but I’ll chalk it up to forgetfulness rather than deceit. Dad didn’t seemed bothered though, so I’m just sending this out to world to provide some insight into Shakers.

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still no build date for me....

Sponsored

mdh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi folks. I'm in Milford, Connecticut. In early July I ordered a Velocity Blue XL with Co pilot 360, hitch receiver, sliding window and floor covers w/carpeted mats. Not a whisper from Ford or my dealer. Any other Nut matters have better luck?
Update: need to go out and buy a lottery ticket; received build date email today!

Scheduled build week: December 20, 2021
All relevant build info: Cactus Grey Hybrid XLT, spray-in bed liner, tow hitch, spare
Region: Southeastern CT
Original order date: June 14, 2021
Dealer: Valenti Ford, Mystic, CT

Ultrafast

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First post.

Mine was ordered 6/15, went into Production 10/7, built 10/13, shipped ?/? and says to expect it 11/28. Is that really how long it takes to get to Hartford?!?

My dealer won't give any more info.

Deleted member 1370

I had a build week of November 1st but as the plant closed this week due to material shortages I’m hoping it’ll be built next week. Fingers crossed and knock on wood. But no ship date or anything as of yet. Hopefully it’ll arrive before Xmas

Reactions: mdh

Ultrafast

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next door in RI. I got my shipped notice over the weekend.
Curious, did you receive or get an estimated receipt date? Ours may be on the same train/truck/handcart...

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still waiting here in Bristol... Chances are looking good I will be one of the first in Connecticut with an Oxford White Hybrid on the road next year.
Sponsored

Reactions: mdh