First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if anyone has EZ Pass and if you have just left the transponder in the cubby on top of the dash. I was hoping it would be read from that spot so I don't have to mount it to the windshield. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Sponsored

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great question. I have one but I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. I believe it will work fine just sitting in the sunglasses cubby on top of the dash. We've used it that way in my wife's car in the past. I don't want to attach it to the windshield either. I already have a dashcam and adding anything else will make it look cluttered.

OP
OP
dicchicora

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I've got Co-Pilot 360 and thought about a dash cam, which would make things very cluttered looking. I have EZ Pass for traveling, but don't use it regularly. So, haven't had a chance to test it yet. I believe it should work.

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t have my truck yet but it leads me to wonder, what’s the surface like on the inside of that cubby? Is there a like a non skid mat for it? I was hoping to put my toll pass in there as well but don’t want it sliding around all the time.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I store mine in the drivers door and move to the center dash cubby when needed, works perfectly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if anyone has EZ Pass and if you have just left the transponder in the cubby on top of the dash. I was hoping it would be read from that spot so I don't have to mount it to the windshield. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Does Ohio use toll by plate? PA does and I never take my transponder out of the console. I registered my plate with EZ pass and it automatically deducts the toll. It has worked in MD for me. Should work in Ohio.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ohio dropped the front license plate mandate this year. No front tag on my mav.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Subaru Legacy, Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have my truck yet...but I always just set the ezpass up on the dash when needed and it works fine. Heck, it even worked when I accidentally left it in the glove box.

OP
OP
dicchicora

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I store mine in the drivers door and move to the center dash cubby when needed, works perfectly.

This is what I was hoping to hear! Thanks!

Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can confirm that it works on the top cubby! Thats where mine is currently.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t have my truck yet but it leads me to wonder, what’s the surface like on the inside of that cubby? Is there a like a non skid mat for it? I was hoping to put my toll pass in there as well but don’t want it sliding around all the time.
I have my FastPass transponder there. I got an anti-slip pad kit on Amazon that seems to work great. I put the bigger ones in the rear under seat storage so stuff doesn’t slide.
Ford Maverick Anyone Have EZ Pass? 6FA3E85B-95F8-42D3-A33F-9505BB304CBF
Ford Maverick Anyone Have EZ Pass? 29D6475A-0C6D-4919-97A2-14A31C28124C

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it has worked for me so far in NC. But I want to mount it to be safe but mine is freakin huge and white. Maybe I’ll paint mine black at least to match the trim?

It will rattle in there though. Look at the pad linked above or diy it by putting pretty much anything soft under it and around the corners of it if yours is as big as mine is and fills the whole space.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it has worked for me so far in NC. But I want to mount it to be safe but mine is freakin huge and white. Maybe I’ll paint mine black at least to match the trim?

It will rattle in there though. Look at the pad linked above or diy it by putting pretty much anything soft under it and around the corners of it if yours is as big as mine is and fills the whole space.
According to my wife, mine is pretty small and unable to fill the cavernous space.

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mounted mine after less than a day in the cubby. The rattling going around corners was annoying and it takes up so little space tucked up next to the 360 camera housing.
Sponsored