2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please tell me why you think that?
Well for one, drone is caused by harmonics. It's a combination of how something is mounted, various HZ of vibrations through it, etc. It's a complicated thing that mfrs spend millions in dealing with when they design something.

Two, that thing is merely an exhaust plug that as mentioned above will pretty much only cause a exhaust restriction at best. At worst it could cause enough of a restriction that it might toss a code.

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well for one, drone is caused by harmonics. It's a combination of how something is mounted, various HZ of vibrations through it, etc. It's a complicated thing that mfrs spend millions in dealing with when they design something.

Two, that thing is merely an exhaust plug that as mentioned above will pretty much only cause a exhaust restriction at best. At worst it could cause enough of a restriction that it might toss a code.
A muffler is a series of baffles that causes exhaust restriction and back pressure.

THE QUESTION WAS: DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CAR CHEMISTRY EXHAUST INSERT? APPARENTLY YOU DO NOT.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A muffler is a series of baffles that causes exhaust restriction and back pressure
A well designed series of baffles that cause a limited amount of exhaust restriction and back pressure.

Hey what do I know. I've only built a dozen cars from scratch in my life, including building my own exhaust systems, but if you want to spend $72 on the auto equivalent of magic beans have at it.

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A well designed series of baffles that cause a limited amount of exhaust restriction and back pressure.

Hey what do I know. I've only built a dozen cars from scratch in my life, including building my own exhaust systems, but if you want to spend $72 on the auto equivalent of magic beans have at it.
Hey, I have a bridge to sell you.

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A muffler is a series of baffles that causes exhaust restriction and back pressure.

THE QUESTION WAS: DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CAR CHEMISTRY EXHAUST INSERT? APPARENTLY YOU DO NOT.
Respectfully, my advice and that of others is that the device would not function as it is advertised. While it is true that a muffler, by nature, causes some restriction and back pressure... it is balanced to keep air flow as open as possible. There is a lot of tuning involved in setting up an exhaust properly. The product you are looking at just chokes down the air flow. It might reduce the drone.. but it is also reducing the air flow and magnifying the back pressure. You are going to see a big effect on reduced power. You are correct we don't have experience with the insert because we would never use it.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar to a Supertrapp,
but a LOT cheaper.

For $72+ give it a try, make some recorded timed 0 to 60 runs before and after.
Let us know (y)

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Similar to a Supertrapp,
but a LOT cheaper.

For $72+ give it a try, make some recorded timed 0 to 60 runs before and after.
Let us know (y)
Easy install into new custom SS system. It's made solid by a reputable company and it eliminated the drone. That is exactly what I wanted it to do!

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Easy install into new custom SS system. It's made solid by a reputable company and it eliminated the drone. That is exactly what I wanted it to do!
Did you gain much with the custom system?
Did you gain/lose anything except the drone with the insert?

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something else that MIGHT mitigate some drone is to add some isolation hangers to the system. Would require welding though.
Sponsored