First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the front doors done but looking for some plug n play tweeters.

What did you get and would you do it again?
Currently have some alpine type s in the doors
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My plan was to replace the door speakers with 3 way speakers in a perhaps vain attempt to add better tweeters, midrange horns and woofers all in one shot.

The one video I saw about replacing the tweeters, they were definitely not plug n play.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I went with the plug and play component set from powerbass…. The tweeters come with a perfect fit wiring harness and the tweeters are almost an exact match (minor editing, finagling to work them into factory spot)…
I’m now on a hunt for other options and how to acquire the same wiring harness…. I want to figure out what other options ate basically plug and play upgrades (or can easily be made as such), so hopefully I can figure that out (the main purpose of the writing harness is for the c column speakers).
That said if you find some 3/4 tweeters with the right shape you’ll likely be able to make them work in the factory mounting location (would then just need a harness, but I think you can make the metra 72-5601 work (or maybe the 5600 now that I think about it, with the polarity being switched)

Ken Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, maverick asap
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the plug and play component set from powerbass…. The tweeters come with a perfect fit wiring harness and the tweeters are almost an exact match (minor editing, finagling to work them into factory spot)…
I’m now on a hunt for other options and how to acquire the same wiring harness…. I want to figure out what other options ate basically plug and play upgrades (or can easily be made as such), so hopefully I can figure that out (the main purpose of the writing harness is for the c column speakers).
That said if you find some 3/4 tweeters with the right shape you’ll likely be able to make them work in the factory mounting location (would then just need a harness, but I think you can make the metra 72-5601 work (or maybe the 5600 now that I think about it, with the polarity being switched)
I was going to chop up the old tweeter and solder the wires to the connector on it. Then I wouldn't have to cut off the connector for the factory wiring.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Grab a cheap vernier caliper from harbor freight, measure the tweeter radius, measure its depth then go here: https://www.parts-express.com/speak...anges-tweeters/tweeters/impedance/4.0?show=72 that is the 4ohm tweeter selection from parts express, as a guess there is a dayton, peerless and eminence that should work. Again this is a guess since I do not have my maverick yet. Another option would be scanning through https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/soft-dome-tweeters/ there are other tweeter types and options just check the site. Also be sure to grab capacitors to make sure you don't blow the tweeters, couple of average crossover points are 1500hz and 2000hz so you would use a 40uf or 25uf capacitor for those respective frequencies. Standard Non-Polarized Electrolytic capacitors are the most common, and are very cheap or you can go a little more high end and get Metalized Polypropylene capacitors.

There are options outside of a traditional set of component speakers you just have to look for them.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Grab a cheap vernier caliper from harbor freight, measure the tweeter radius, measure its depth then go here: https://www.parts-express.com/speak...anges-tweeters/tweeters/impedance/4.0?show=72 that is the 4ohm tweeter selection from parts express, as a guess there is a dayton, peerless and eminence that should work. Again this is a guess since I do not have my maverick yet. Another option would be scanning through https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/soft-dome-tweeters/ there are other tweeter types and options just check the site. Also be sure to grab capacitors to make sure you don't blow the tweeters, couple of average crossover points are 1500hz and 2000hz so you would use a 40uf or 25uf capacitor for those respective frequencies. Standard Non-Polarized Electrolytic capacitors are the most common, and are very cheap or you can go a little more high end and get Metalized Polypropylene capacitors.

There are options outside of a traditional set of component speakers you just have to look for them.
Really good information, thanks for posting it. :cool:

Maggot Toe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Just a note, I'll probably make my own post, the stock tweeters are 8 ohm. I'm not seeing a way to not re-run the tweeter wires without running an inline 6dB capacitor into a wire harness and even then the stock system will be running at less than 4 ohms due to the woofers being wired in parallel.

I have some Hertz C26 I think I can make fit but they are going to their own crossovers.
Ford Maverick Anyone find plug n play tweeters? IMG_20220515_175406287

Ford Maverick Anyone find plug n play tweeters? IMG_20220515_175159270_HDR

Ford Maverick Anyone find plug n play tweeters? IMG_20220515_175318103_HDR

Ricketts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the powerbass component set in mine and the tweeters are plug and play. Made things quite easy.

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the powerbass component set in mine and the tweeters are plug and play. Made things quite easy.
Looking at powerbass as well for ease of installation and improved sound. How is the sound compared to original?

Juanderosa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you know what you're looking for this is great advice. But Parts Express/Madisound has so many choices that will fit well enough but who knows if they will work with each other that it could be overwhelming. Plus they have their store brand Dayton that offers great value where the price might not really be indicative of their performance.

I'm into car audio so you can kind of narrow things down here and there, and trying to figure it out is part of the fun. But I'm guessing the demo graphic for the Maverick might be all over the place and some people might just want something that drops right in and just works (Bose/Sonos/Apple sell a ton of stuff because it just works).

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone who wants to take the DIY route (I'm amazed at the stuff I'm seeing here people are fitting from other Fords then programing with the Forscan to work (instrument clusters, factory light switches, etc) but not everyone will want to.

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP -- what did you already put in the doors? I put Inifiny Kappa coaxials in my doors. I then simply unhooked the factory tweets, because I hate the sound of highs bouncing off the windshield. It sounds so much better now. Maybe give that a try -- if you put full-range speakers in your doors.

OP
OP
GambleGarage

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP -- what did you already put in the doors? I put Inifiny Kappa coaxials in my doors. I then simply unhooked the factory tweets, because I hate the sound of highs bouncing off the windshield. It sounds so much better now. Maybe give that a try -- if you put full-range speakers in your doors.
Alpine type s
Decent upgrade for sure would be better with an amp

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the past, I've always purchased car speakers from Crutchfield in Charlottesville, VA. They include adapters to connect to factory harness plugs.

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just put the Powerbass ones in yesterday, takes like 5 minutes, they come with adapters.
Sponsored