Anyone else? Check this $hit out.

Floattripper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
1) Made my build on the website. Lariat with hybrid engine and the fancy driver assist stuff. Really want the gas savings. Have a Ford Expedition now.
2) Sent it to the dealer near me located in Raytown, MO
3) Met with said dealer on Nov 1, 2021. Confirmed the build from the website with the sales rep. Gave a check for deposit.
4) Dealer said there ordering person was out and would get back to me.
5) Check in with dealer 3x about every 4 days
6)Dealer sends over the order sheet on Nov 15.
7) #'s don't add up to what we discussed. Have some back and forth with sales rep. On Nov 22, after removing items the dealer added that we didn't discuss, I sign and return.
8) Sales rep reached out on 12/1 tot tell me they are having trouble submitting order.
9) Reach out on 12/6. Sales rep says it still isn't going through. After prying, sales rep tells me Ford closed order. Says they closed it some time ago.
10) Found through this forum that orders were closed on 11/12.
11) Sales rep says sorry order person was out.

Just pissed and disappointed. I know this is a vehicle and it isn't going to change my life at all, but G.D.! Just want to be angry right now.

This happen to anyone else?

Floattripper in KC,MO
Maverick build = :-(
Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
A lot of dealers are uninformed and worthless. There are a few dealers on this forum that are very helpful and honest though…

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
1) Made my build on the website. Lariat with hybrid engine and the fancy driver assist stuff. Really want the gas savings. Have a Ford Expedition now.
2) Sent it to the dealer near me located in Raytown, MO
3) Met with said dealer on Nov 1, 2021. Confirmed the build from the website with the sales rep. Gave a check for deposit.
4) Dealer said there ordering person was out and would get back to me.
5) Check in with dealer 3x about every 4 days
6)Dealer sends over the order sheet on Nov 15.
7) #'s don't add up to what we discussed. Have some back and forth with sales rep. On Nov 22, after removing items the dealer added that we didn't discuss, I sign and return.
8) Sales rep reached out on 12/1 tot tell me they are having trouble submitting order.
9) Reach out on 12/6. Sales rep says it still isn't going through. After prying, sales rep tells me Ford closed order. Says they closed it some time ago.
10) Found through this forum that orders were closed on 11/12.
11) Sales rep says sorry order person was out.

Just pissed and disappointed. I know this is a vehicle and it isn't going to change my life at all, but G.D.! Just want to be angry right now.

This happen to anyone else?

Floattripper in KC,MO
Maverick build = :-(
I'd be extremely frustrated, too. As a KC native I gotta ask, was this Dick Smith Ford?
If so, guess things haven't changed since I left town.

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry you got screwed. FYI, I ordered an XL Hybrid w/ copilot360 from Dean Sellers in Troy, MI but I ended up with a 4x4 Eco. Paid MSRP. Maybe my original is still available, because I'm sure they did not cancel it...good luck.

OP
OP

Floattripper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
I'd be extremely frustrated, too. As a KC native I gotta ask, was this Dick Smith Ford?
If so, guess things haven't changed since I left town.
Yes, Dick Smith. Damn. Wish I had your knowledge.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Floattripper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Sorry you got screwed. FYI, I ordered an XL Hybrid w/ copilot360 from Dean Sellers in Troy, MI but I ended up with a 4x4 Eco. Paid MSRP. Maybe my original is still available, because I'm sure they did not cancel it...good luck.
Thanks mate. I'm trying to figure my next move. Sounds like those hybrids may be sold at a premium.

OP
OP

Floattripper

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Ask the dealer to sell you (with no ADM) their first XL hybrid that get's canceled by a retail customer.
Yeah, I think the lack of other solutions is also what bothers me most.

"I am sorry" was what was provided as a solution. I will reach out to the sales manager there.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100% write a review of them on all the standard online places.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell this exact story to the owner or GM. Won't get you mav but could help the next guy at least

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
Tell this exact story to the owner or GM. Won't get you mav but could help the next guy at least
Maybe instead of "Won't get you" it's "Not guaranteed to get you"

The owner of a Dealership has a much longer term outlook, much more money invested in the "Ford" Franchise, which could be taken away by FMC.
Sponsored