Sponsored

Has anyone else had this issue?

lilcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Tahoe LT
Exactly two weeks ago I had gotten an email from my dealership about my reservation for the 2022 Ford Lightning....which no, I definitely did not order. For context, here is the original thread that I posted which explains the timeline of events.

Well today I had gotten an email from the general manager of my dealership congratulating me on my reservation for the Lightning and that they would be in contact with me once the ordering banks were open. I never put a deposit down, spoke to a sales person, or even started any sort of reservation or inquiry for the Lightning what so ever. I have already gotten an email directly from Ford confirming my order for the Maverick so I have some sort of piece of mind, but the fact that apparently I have the Lightning also 'on order' is very strange to me.

I called the dealership as soon as I saw the email come through and the operator informed me that I was the 3rd person to be calling regarding that very same email which also seems suspicious to me. Unfortunately the other dealership* that I was trying to work with (and is actually closer to me) basically blew me off and ghosted me when I tried to place a backup order with them (because clearly something is up with my current dealer) so my hands are slightly tied as far as trying to get an order through another dealership, mostly due to the distance to dealerships and the reliability of my currently vehicle.

I just wanted to see if this was happening to anyone else or if I just somehow got super lucky to have this much of an issue with ordering a vehicle.

*I originally called them to place my order in mid-August, they told me that the Maverick wasn't available to purchase (duh...hence the reservation for it) and tried to sell me one of the vehicles off of the lot and did not seem interested in working with me with the Maverick. I ended up going with my current dealer as they were much more responsive and eager to work with me. Once all the weird emails started to happen and my sales person was not willing to give me the info that I had requested I reached out to the first dealer to try and make a backup reservation. When I called to place a reservation with the original dealer, he took all of my info and build details and told me he would email me the build sheet once he had it done and we would get my order into the system. He said it would take him about an hour and to this day I still not heard back from him. I have sent 3 emails and left 2 voicemails with them and it's been crickets.

Ford Maverick Has anyone else had this issue? Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.54.27 PM
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Poor customer service seems to be running rampant everywhere. I find it unacceptable. My husband says I should be more tolerant because Covid has everyone stressed! To hell with that. I've done my job completely right from the start. Stressful? Yep. But my clientele can be fragile ( I am a drug/alcohol counselor)and I have to be 100% for them. Everyone is paid to do a job...just do it!!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Call FORD and let them know someone used your name and email to place a fraudulent order.
Sponsored