Sponsored

Anyone Considering Wrapping Their Maverick? Two-tone?

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a Bronco a while back that had a two tone paint scheme with white, which not only looks cool to me but is really practical if you're in a place with brutal summers.

What do you think about just a very basic wrap, just the very top roof (since we don't have a floating roof design) along with the mirror caps, the door handles, and the antenna painted white?
Ford Maverick Anyone Considering Wrapping Their Maverick?  Two-tone? 2022Maverick

vs stock (since the change is subtle):
Ford Maverick Anyone Considering Wrapping Their Maverick?  Two-tone? 2022Maverick7
Sponsored

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although on second thought, I can't tell if the white makes the RC car antenna stick out more or less, lol! I think I'd spend a couple bucks and replace it with a white low profile sharkfin antenna.

Ford Maverick Anyone Considering Wrapping Their Maverick?  Two-tone? shark.JPG

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it works on cactus gray. I don’t see it looking good on anything else.

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it works on cactus gray. I don’t see it looking good on anything else.
Traditionally, like retro-style, white roofs were paired with blues from the dark blue body like the alto-blue or velocity blue which I might try later just to see what happens. The former I think the CH-R recently had and the latter would remind me of Volvo. I did a photoshop with dark blue and white roof on the Tucson though, and it looked nothing like I imagined and was a disaster combo, lol! Sometimes you just gotta try.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traditionally, like retro-style, white roofs were paired with blues from the dark blue body like the alto-blue or velocity blue which I might try later just to see what happens. The former I think the CH-R recently had and the latter would remind me of Volvo. I did a photoshop with dark blue and white roof on the Tucson though, and it looked nothing like I imagined and was a disaster combo, lol! Sometimes you just gotta try.
Yes, totally. I think I saw someone mocked-up a velocity blue or antimatter blue Bronco with white accents somewhere and it wasn’t bad. Not as ,”classic” looking as CG, but not bad. I like the Volvo, but that’s more of a retro color, too.

I know Hundai did it with their new Venue as well and Nissan with the Kicks. Not saying it’s a bad idea and doesn’t look fresh! I just can’t imagine it on the Maverick in another color. 🙂

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
100% would wrap the roof black just like the render in my pic 😁

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roof is half practical, more UV resistant and lower temp parked in the sun. However, a little white side accent is a nice idea, hmmm!
100% would wrap the roof black just like the render in my pic 😁
Black always looks good, but here in TX since I park outside, the vinyl wouldn't last very long and would heat up the car more. But for other climates, please share, as IMO dual-tone always gives a bit more visual interest. :)

For now, just slapped this on (bad angle though, doesn't show roof well):
Ford Maverick Anyone Considering Wrapping Their Maverick?  Two-tone? 2022-Ford-Maverick

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I saw a Bronco a while back that had a two tone paint scheme with white, which not only looks cool to me but is really practical if you're in a place with brutal summers.

What do you think about just a very basic wrap, just the very top roof (since we don't have a floating roof design) along with the mirror caps, the door handles, and the antenna painted white?
2022Maverick.jpg

vs stock (since the change is subtle):
2022Maverick7.jpg
It makes it look more like the Toyota FJ Cruiser. The only reason I never considered buying one was the white roof. I live in Florida and the exterior roof color isn't a problem. I've wrapped two vehicles in Yellow and never had a heat issue with the wrap and the heat.

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It makes it look more like the Toyota FJ Cruiser. The only reason I never considered buying one was the white roof. I live in Florida and the exterior roof color isn't a problem. I've wrapped two vehicles in Yellow and never had a heat issue with the wrap and the heat.
After white, yellow probably reflects the most light. Black, Alto Blue, and Carbonized Gray would likely be the hottest.

One thing I am liking about the carbonized gray is that it makes the rear bumper and unpainted door handles blend a bit better visually, and it wouldn't clash with the very blue interior, so I might experiment and see what white mirrors and roof would look like with that on a XLT.

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been thinking about the two tone as well. I have been thinking about the look of the '79 F100 with the metal strips boxing in the second tone and how something like that would look on one of these.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Roof is half practical, more UV resistant and lower temp parked in the sun. However, a little white side accent is a nice idea, hmmm!

Black always looks good, but here in TX since I park outside, the vinyl wouldn't last very long and would heat up the car more. But for other climates, please share, as IMO dual-tone always gives a bit more visual interest. :)

For now, just slapped this on (bad angle though, doesn't show roof well):
2022-Ford-Maverick.jpg
I have never looked at the thermal break on plastidip aka DYC but we had a dip donated so we are going with it (plus our colours are green and purple so hypershift)

I would consider something similar before vinyl personally, even earl shieb (he still selling cheap paint in TX?)
Sponsored