Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey all,
Noticed everytime i hit a bad bump on the road and im on the regen braking mode, my braking feels like it slips and jumps.
Anyone else get this feeling?
Sponsored

wayne2970

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,
Noticed everytime i hit a bad bump on the road and im on the regen braking mode, my braking feels like it slips and jumps.
Anyone else get this feeling?
Noticed that with other vehicles always assumed it was the Anti-Skid Sys

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Noticed that with other vehicles always assumed it was the Anti-Skid Sys
That’d make sense.. sends me flying a couple extra feet than im planning though. Guess i’ll just have to keep even more of a distance to the next car up

wayne2970

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’d make sense.. sends me flying a couple extra feet than im planning though. Guess i’ll just have to keep even more of a distance to the next car up
dont just take my word...if you think something is weird about the brakes get it checked out

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Braking is fine otherwise. Just when i hit real rough bumps in the road while slowing down

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If there are a lot of bumps, it could be due to a slight loss of traction, or maybe bumps are causing your foot to release the brake slightly?

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed this a little bit. My RAV4 is way worse on this. It seems like the abs is too sensitive or something but I agree I don't like it. Just be glad it's not worse.

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I have experienced this on multiple hybrid mavericks. There is a certain couple inch drop in a concrete road near a stop sign I go past a few times a week. Sacred me the first time. Now I know to brake earlier.
Like I said, I’ve experienced it with a few times in that spot (and others) and with multiple trucks.

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes, probably just ABS.

If you hit a pothole, bump, or a patch of gravel while braking, it can make the ABS sensors think the wheel has stopped rotating (because it has, if only momentarily), and the system reacts so quickly that it will kick in and cycle the pump to release the braking pressure intermittently while the suspension is still trying to settle down. I think it's mostly a case of the braking electronics being "Johnny on the spot" even though just one bump wasn't going to make you lock up a wheel and skid.

It is not just a hybrid or even just a Ford thing; I could get my Acura to do it at will over a really bumpy asphalt road on the way to a job site I routinely visit.