Any source for more in depth tracking ?

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I’m headed to TX for business the 13th through the 15th. My Maverick is on its way to the dealership. The projected eta is 10/25. Which seems like a very conservative estimate. That and the fact that Ford seems to be overestimating their lead times, I might get lucky and pick up the truck in Huntsville and drive it back to Florida.

So I’m hoping there’s some more specific tracking at this point. Similar to Bronco owners seeing that they have a rail shipped delivery that they can track.
Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Sounds you like you have already read it but I've read that you can ask your dealer for the rail car number once it is shipped and then you can track that rail car...assuming it's traveling by rail that is. If it's traveling by convoy, the Palsapp site seems to be the ticket. Mine is supposedly on a train as of early this morning. I'm going to text my dealer and see if he can give me the rail car number and give it a shot.

Reactions: Mav
OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Sounds you like you have already read it but I've read that you can ask your dealer for the rail car number once it is shipped and then you can track that rail car...assuming it's traveling by rail that is. If it's traveling by convoy, the Palsapp site seems to be the ticket. Mine is supposedly on a train as of early this morning. I'm going to text my dealer and see if he can give me the rail car number and give it a shot.
Yup. Shot my dealer a message this morning hoping to narrow down an eta.
Just looked at how far Hermosillo is from Huntsville. It’s 1255 miles. Which is pretty far.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Yup. Shot my dealer a message this morning hoping to narrow down an eta.
Just looked at how far Hermosillo is from Huntsville. It’s 1255 miles. Which is pretty far.
2200 miles for me, lol.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
So I was able to get my railcar number from my dealer. Called CSX and tried the voice system first. What I joke. I had read that it was bad but that's an understatement. Also, the system is sometimes quick to take you to the next step before you are ready. I finally got it to work with the voice recognition after 7-8 tries but I still wasn't sure if I was tracking the right car because it's extremely difficult to understand the letters that the automated voice repeats back to you. I tried it again using the all touch method and it worked like a charm. You just have to understand how to use it. It asked for the car initials first. You have to push the number of the letter you are trying to input and then push the number for the position of that letter on the number. For example, "B" is on the number 2 and in the second position so you would push 2 2 for "B". I needed to input TTGX so I had to enter 8 1 8 1 4 1 9 2. Then it asked for the car numbers which is obviously straightforward. Asked if I was done and I said yes. It gave me the same info as the successful voice attempt.

I received the "vehicle shipped" email at 4:51am today. As of about 1:30pm, it's in Santa Ana, Sonora, MX which is about 150 miles from Hermasillo and about 70 miles from the border crossing into AZ. Kinda crazy that it's moving so fast right now but is scheduled to take over a month to get here, lol. I'm curious to see how long it stops at the border.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Update. Was still in MX late last night but arrived in Tucson, AZ an hour or so ago. So it didn't really stay at the border at all. It's only a 30 hour drive from Tucson to me. Not sure why it's going to take a month. :LOL:

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Update. Was still in MX late last night but arrived in Tucson, AZ an hour or so ago. So it didn't really stay at the border at all. It's only a 30 hour drive from Tucson to me. Not sure why it's going to take a month. :LOL:
That’s funny
I talked to my dealer yesterday about a DORA so I could track mine. She said
“I have no idea what that is. Those people on the internet sure have a lot of free time”
:ROFLMAO:

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
"Those people on the internet sure have a lot of free time”
:ROFLMAO:
What of it, lady?? That's why most of us know more than you about the truck and process! :LOL:

All jokes aside, there is a rail car number listed on the Vehicle Visibility Report that your dealer can access. My salesman had never been asked for it either and first said he didn't know if he could get that. But he went and tried and sure enough, he found it and sent it to me. I'm also pretty sure your dealer can actually see where the railcar is on the same report. But if you get the railcar number, you can track it yourself without having to harass them. Now that I am accustomed to the system, I can find out where mine is in about 60 seconds.

OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
What of it, lady?? That's why most of us know more than you about the truck and process! :LOL:

All jokes aside, there is a rail car number listed on the Vehicle Visibility Report that your dealer can access. My salesman had never been asked for it either and first said he didn't know if he could get that. But he went and tried and sure enough, he found it and sent it to me. I'm also pretty sure your dealer can actually see where the railcar is on the same report. But if you get the railcar number, you can track it yourself without having to harass them. Now that I am accustomed to the system, I can find out where mine is in about 60 seconds.
Cool thanks. I’ll ask her if she can get the report

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Update…Went from AZ to NM to OK and currently in McPherson, KS. So it’s already traveled over half the distance to me in just 4 days. Hoping this keeps up and it doesn’t get waylaid somewhere for two weeks, lol.
Sponsored