Sponsored

Any good reason to join/download FordPass?

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It cracks me up how people are so worried about Ford having their location data, when they are carrying a cell phone that allows their wireless carrier, their phone vendor, Facebook, Google, and possibly many other apps to track their every move and even their conversations... They they go online and post about the fact they're not home (on vacation), or tell everyone in the world what they just ate for lunch, who they were with, etc. Is privacy totally dead, regardless of whether we share our driving info with Ford? IDK...

But I can tell you that not too long ago, my wife and I were verbally discussing something fairly innocuous (baking sheets, IIRC). Later that evening, BOTH of us began seeing all kinds of Amazon ads for baking sheets. Since we noted this the first time, we have observed similar events over and over again. "Someone" has to be listening!
Alexa, comcast remote, google, your tv, fully automated house. Anything that is activated by voice comand and connected to the internet is recording 24-7.
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I opt in is there a way to disable certain features? For example; the tracking device.
No. It is tied into the RCM module somewhere for not your 'safety' as part of what is recorded in the vehicle black box for the crash data.

You can try disconnecting the main antenna and then in turn the TCM module and secondary antenna attached to that. If it is still sending out location issue then the RCM module itself or the GPS module if it is separate has another antenna built into the system somewhere.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not tracking you.
The point is that so is your cell phone you've got in your pocket while driving your Maverick. So you're losing out on the genuinely useful FordPass features and not really gaining anything for that sacrifice.

But you do you.

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
can you pay for the truck on fordpass and get $28k worth of points?

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
can you pay for the truck on fordpass and get $28k worth of points?
Purchasing the truck, regardless of how you pay, gives you around $212 worth of points.
Are you confusing paying with a Ford Pass Rewards credit card? That's something different, and most dealers will allow a max of $5k to be paid towards the truck on that card, if not only $3k.

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh. gotcha... Thank you! I wasn't sure if there was some fordpass account you could use to pay for it. Another CC's not my world.
Sponsored