First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been a while since I purchased a new Ford product.
I am curious if anyone knows how good are the standard speakers? Who is the manufacturer? (Not B&O)
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Been a while since I purchased a new Ford product.
I am curious if anyone knows how good are the standard speakers? Who is the manufacturer? (Not B&O)
Haven’t been in a newer Ford. But the base work truck speakers in my new Chevy are banging. Way better than my 2000 Mercury

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Would the bronco sport base models give an indication on this? I'm planning to go test drive one this weekend to try to understand the amount of space the driver has, perhaps I can get an idea of sound quality as well?

Speakers aren't a deal breaker for me, but it'd be nice to know.

OP
OP
TerryE

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would the bronco sport base models give an indication on this? I'm planning to go test drive one this weekend to try to understand the amount of space the driver has, perhaps I can get an idea of sound quality as well?

Thanks, I agree, I already ordered the XLT, so the standard speakers are not a deal-breaker, was just curious. I am sure the Bronco Sport has the same standard system. I look forward to your input after your demo slashy.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Co worker owns a Bronco Sport. He says the standard speakers are more than enough to jam out to Iron Maiden!

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Thanks, I agree, I already ordered the XLT, so the standard speakers are not a deal-breaker, was just curious. I am sure the Bronco Sport has the same standard system. I look forward to your input after your demo slashy.
Sad to say it didn't happen. The dealer expected to have one, but said they didn't get it, didn't seem likely to have one to see this year after that fell through. Guess we'll just have to wait, it try to find someone with one. Maybe a bronco forum?

OP
OP
TerryE

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad to say it didn't happen. The dealer expected to have one, but said they didn't get it, didn't seem likely to have one to see this year after that fell through. Guess we'll just have to wait, it try to find someone with one. Maybe a bronco forum?
Thanks for trying, stock of new cars have never been so sparse, probably not since WWII.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
It's a good thing after market speakers are decently cheap.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I always end up changing my speakers eventually. Even with so called "premium" audio systems.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for trying, stock of new cars have never been so sparse, probably not since WWII.
Worked at Subaru from 2008-2014. The Japanese Tsunami had the same effect as the current chip shortage. At one time we had 5 new cars on the lot. Difference from today was plenty of used cars then.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The best upgrade I've done to my 2015 F150 has been to:
- Add a sub behind the drivers side back seat. Tight fit and ended up not using the Ford provided sub wiring harness already there (for the Ford sub addon, but not enough juice) with a dedicated amp.
- Add an inline amp for the head unit
- Replace the front (door + a-pillar) and rear speakers with Focal's, add sound deadening material to doors.

It is NIGHT AND DAY better compared to what came with the truck, and I am so glad I went through the effort to do it. (I already had the sub amp and sub sitting around so that helped.)

My only problem (isn't there always one) is my son now wants to use my truck ALL THE TIME. He has told me it is the best sounding of all his friends vehicles.

IndyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid, 08 BMW 335, 67 Mercury Cougar
Wonder how long it will be before a Maverick-specific aftermarket sub shows up? I'd like the B&O system, but just looking to get an XLT.