First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have always heard that a priority 10 is the best you can expect for a new order. I was originally a priority 19 and after 3 months I asked the dealer to change the priority code. They did change it to a priority code 10, but so far that has not helped speed up the process.
Sponsored

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always heard that a priority 10 is the best you can expect for a new order. I was originally a priority 19 and after 3 months I asked the dealer to change the priority code. They did change it to a priority code 10, but so far that has not helped speed up the process.
I'm a Priority Code 19 and my Maverick is currently under "Production" status. Two individuals who I have spoken with that ordered from the same dealership I did, have yet to be scheduled. Go figure...

OH3Cobra

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT500, 03 SVT Cobra Vrt, 300 SRT8, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I received a 45 day letter but have a vin and a build week of 3/28 (next week) but no window Sticker as of yet. What gives. Hope I'm not twisting in the wind.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm a Priority Code 19 and my Maverick is currently under "Production" status. Two individuals who I have spoken with that ordered from the same dealership I did, have yet to be scheduled. Go figure...
The other orders probably have some weird constraint item on their order. If they have the mudflaps on their build, that's probably what's preventing them from being scheduled.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You were lucky to get shipped in 6 months. My order is six months old today. Received two emails yesterday with the same I'm sorry verbage. That's 4 45 emails for me and not even scheduled yet. That means it will be at least nine or ten months to get a base XL ecoboost for me.
I think the base XL is the problem as the profit is low and Ford is building the more expensive ones first. It seems like they have plenty of Ecoboost capacity so your truck will be built by summer.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's not how priority codes work.

The priority code is only relevant at individual dealerships. That means orders with lower priority codes will be looked at first before orders with higher priority codes only in context of that particular dealership. But if constraints (Hybrid? Mud flaps?) prevent lower priority orders from being scheduled, then they'll look at higher numbered priority code orders. This is all assuming your dealership got any allocations.

So if your dealership scheduled everyone at priority code 19, then you're on equal footing with every other order at that dealership. Doesn't matter if another dealership coded everyone as priority code 10. It doesn't mean they will get scheduled before the other dealership.

The biggest factor to scheduling is your particular dealership's amount of allocations (or lack thereof).
I guess I'm still unclear about priority codes. So for example, 2 dealers with allocations - one at priority 19, the other (dealer) at priority 11, both vehicles get built all constraints being equal?

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I guess I'm still unclear about priority codes. So for example, 2 dealers with allocations - one at priority 19, the other at priority 11, both vehicles get built all constraints being equal?
Yes.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The other orders probably have some weird constraint item on their order. If they have the mudflaps on their build, that's probably what's preventing them from being scheduled.
As you stated regarding the constraints, I doubt anyone with some form of common sense would order a Maverick with mudflaps. In my opinion, anyone who does have the audacity to order their Maverick with mudflaps, should be required to wait until 2027, at the earliest.

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Equinox (2023 Hybrid Lariat Lux...some day)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I received a 45 day letter but have a vin and a build week of 3/28 (next week) but no window Sticker as of yet. What gives. Hope I'm not twisting in the wind.
You will likely see your sticker tomorrow or Wednesday. They've been posting them recently right at one week prior to actual build date...not always, but more than not recently. Good luck!

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess I'm still unclear about priority codes. So for example, 2 dealers with allocations - one at priority 19, the other (dealer) at priority 11, both vehicles get built all constraints being equal?
Yes, it does not matter from dealer to dealer only priority codes within a dealership. If you are a priority code 12 but there is an 11 in front of you at the same dealership, that 11 will be looked at before your 12. If the 11 has no constraints to hold up the build, it will get scheduled ahead of yours. If the 11 has heavy constraints, they (Ford) will look at the next priority code (your 12) within that dealership. It has nothing to do with priority codes at other dealerships. Only your dealership and allocations within your dealership. For instance, in the PC 11/12 I just described, if your dealer has two allocations for that month, Ford will look at the next two priority code orders (the 11 and your 12) and if no constraints, they'll likely schedule both.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, at least it looks like from what I seen; Those that ordered earlier when the order banks opened in Sept '22 are being built before many later orders even though I've heard that's not being considered. Mine: an XL HYBRID with hitch probably won't be built at all. I can live with that, just wanted a low cost hybrid.

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
They have already built tons of XLs.
Exactly - I am a Lariat with LUX ...so if profit played that much of a a role, I would be built before XLs.......but nothing yet ...I am realizing it is just an allocation game, and it is still early in the production window for 23s so I am not gnashing my teeth .........yet...........even though I am very excited for a new truck.

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exactly - I am a Lariat with LUX ...so if profit played that much of a a role, I would be built before XLs.......but nothing yet ...I am realizing it is just an allocation game, and it is still early in the production window for 23s so I am not gnashing my teeth .........yet...........even though I am very excited for a new truck.
Right on! I'm a first day MY23 Lariat Lux hybrid and it's almost here. My dealer (small dealership) had one rollover (PC 10) and I was next at PC 11. Dealership allocations and priority codes are important but you are spot on to remember that many, not all, of the first couple months of MY23 were trying to finish the "rollovers". Again, not all, but many! Good luck!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sorry for being negative, but what's the point of posting about the 45 day email. I just delete them anymore. received several. Who cares?
Unless one gets a Vin and window sticker thats what I want to hear about. After 500 plus days it starts sending like the character in Popeye cartoons wanting to borrow hamburger money. Gets tiring. :eek::)

flynomore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F350, '15 Mazda 6,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I've got this figured out. Ford puts the VINs on a little plastic chip and then dumps them in one of those Bingo tumbler things and then every Thursday morning somebody rolls that thing and reaches in and pulls out x number of VINs and that's the ones scheduled for that week.
Sponsored