Sponsored

Analysis Paralysis! Should I switch from XLT to Lariat?

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your input is needed! I ordered an Iconic Silver XLT Hybrid with luxury package on 10/26 sight unseen. I knew I’d love the Mav so I took the leap. A couple weeks after ordering I got to sit in a black Lariat and fell in love with the interior. A week later I got to sit in an Alto Blue XLT and also loved it. I ordered the silver XLT lux because: 1) I have a silver/black teardrop camper and I pull it with a Silver Tacoma and thought it would be fun to maintain that combo; 2) I had a vehicle with heated seats awhile back and loved them, so ordered the lux package for them. I live in OK where the winter temps are all over the place so there are a few times in the winter where they’re nice to have.
That being said, I’ve seen photos of the Alto Blue Lariat and it made my heart skip a few beats since blue is my favorite color. I decided to price out a non-luxury Lariat for comparison and it’s about 2k more than the XLT with lux and it really got me to thinking. In my opinion, from the outside, the basic Lariat just LOOKS more luxurious with the polished silver grille, LED running lamps on top of the headlights, LED tail light accents, body colored door handles, etc. Also the interior has things like dual up AND down windows for all 4 windows, dual climate control, start/stop button, power rear sliding window, and “leatherette” seating, non of which I have now except the power sliding rear window. To keep the cost under 30k, I would not get the Lariat lux package. Only options I’d get would be hitch receiver and floor liners. I’d wait until after delivery for the spray-in bed liner and tonneau cover. From what I’ve read on the forum, steering clear of the lux packages with spray-in bed liners might also give me a better shot at a quicker build. It also appears that I can make changes to my order since I don’t have a build date or VIN. SOOO…I’m thinking about switching to the Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat base package. If I don’t switch I’ll be completely happy but the Alto Blue/Desert Brown combo has been in the back of my head for a couple weeks now. And, Alto Blue was my first choice but I let my Dad talk me out of it with the “hard to keep looking clean” argument. I’ve had black/dark vehicles before and yeah, that’s true, but when they are clean, they look like a million bucks to me.
What would YOU do?
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard to advise, color is so subjective that I will not touch that one. I also like the XLT and Lariat and actually prefer the cloth seats in my vehicles. If I was going to add the XLT Lux then I might make the jump to a Lariat non lux which did. I still think the XLT is the best value for money if you don't tart it up with too many options. I live in SC so heated anything is a waste of money for me. I don't care if the other window passengers have to work harder to get their window up or down since they aren't making the payments.:)
Sounds like you have already decided and looking for validation so go for it.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Problem with the base Lariat is you won't get heated seats/steering wheel. I'm not sure it's worth getting the base Lariat on its own without the Lux pkg, but YMMV. XLT Lux gets you a LOT of nice features, almost not making a Lariat Lux worth the extra cash.

Copying from my previous post, here's a breakdown of the XLT Lux/Lariat Lux:

A Maverick XLT (with XLT Lux Pkg), including FX4 pkg, was $31,900.

Maverick Lariat (with Lariat Lux), different wheels ($795) and no FX4 came to $36,100.

$4,200 difference, which breaks down this way (my personal thoughts in parentheses) -

Lariat adds:
  • Acoustic Windshield (quieter interior)
  • Dual Zone Climate Control (meh, 90% of the time I'm the only occupant, but nice to have)
  • Intelligent Access (fancy, me like)
  • Signature Lighting [LED]
  • 18” Wheels
  • Push Button Start (awesome in winter, no need to dig in pockets for key)
  • Power Sliding Rear Window (meh, probably won't use much)
  • Cargo bed LED [part of upper tail light]
Lariat Luxury adds:
  • 400W inverter [also part of XLT Lux] (probably won't use much, but nice to have)
  • B&O 8 speaker audio (hopefully decent upgrade over base)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (not sure how often I'd use)
  • Wireless Charging (since you need to plug in to use phone music/navigation this one is kind of wasted)
  • Sync3 + 8” center display (as others say, hopefully you can upgrade later)
  • Evasive Steering
  • Electric Brake Boost on non-hybrid
  • Rear parking sensors
Those last three are good safety features, and might help with an insurance discount.

Honestly, the XLT Luxury is a GREAT deal.. and unless you really want some of the "ultra luxury" stuff you'll probably be happy sticking with XLT. If I had other vehicles I'd probably go with XLT to save money, but I only own one car so I'd like it to be as nice/comfortable as it can be.

The other thing not discussed often is resale value. I don't tend to hold onto vehicles for "life"; in fact my current Subaru I've had since 2015 and that's the longest I've ever had the same car. 🤪 So if I keep my Maverick for 7-10 years I want the most trade-in I could get. Higher trims help you there, though no one can truly predict by how much. (Who knew 2 years ago that used prices would approach or even surpass new vehicle prices?!!)

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your input is needed! I ordered an Iconic Silver XLT Hybrid with luxury package on 10/26 sight unseen. I knew I’d love the Mav so I took the leap. A couple weeks after ordering I got to sit in a black Lariat and fell in love with the interior. A week later I got to sit in an Alto Blue XLT and also loved it. I ordered the silver XLT lux because: 1) I have a silver/black teardrop camper and I pull it with a Silver Tacoma and thought it would be fun to maintain that combo; 2) I had a vehicle with heated seats awhile back and loved them, so ordered the lux package for them. I live in OK where the winter temps are all over the place so there are a few times in the winter where they’re nice to have.
That being said, I’ve seen photos of the Alto Blue Lariat and it made my heart skip a few beats since blue is my favorite color. I decided to price out a non-luxury Lariat for comparison and it’s about 2k more than the XLT with lux and it really got me to thinking. In my opinion, from the outside, the basic Lariat just LOOKS more luxurious with the polished silver grille, LED running lamps on top of the headlights, LED tail light accents, body colored door handles, etc. Also the interior has things like dual up AND down windows for all 4 windows, dual climate control, start/stop button, power rear sliding window, and “leatherette” seating, non of which I have now except the power sliding rear window. To keep the cost under 30k, I would not get the Lariat lux package. Only options I’d get would be hitch receiver and floor liners. I’d wait until after delivery for the spray-in bed liner and tonneau cover. From what I’ve read on the forum, steering clear of the lux packages with spray-in bed liners might also give me a better shot at a quicker build. It also appears that I can make changes to my order since I don’t have a build date or VIN. SOOO…I’m thinking about switching to the Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat base package. If I don’t switch I’ll be completely happy but the Alto Blue/Desert Brown combo has been in the back of my head for a couple weeks now. And, Alto Blue was my first choice but I let my Dad talk me out of it with the “hard to keep looking clean” argument. I’ve had black/dark vehicles before and yeah, that’s true, but when they are clean, they look like a million bucks to me.
What would YOU do?
BUY 2 SEE WHICH ONE COMES FIRST lol trust me your dealer will gladly take the one you dont want

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
interior style - XLT to Lariat the biggest difference IMO - XLT trim looks great but cloth seats are tough to keep clean- Active/X seats are more comfortable to me- Heated seats are a must and the heated steering wheel is fricking awesome but only on Lux package

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Problem with the base Lariat is you won't get heated seats/steering wheel. I'm not sure it's worth getting the base Lariat on its own without the Lux pkg, but YMMV. XLT Lux gets you a LOT of nice features, almost not making a Lariat Lux worth the extra cash.

Maverick Lariat (with Lariat Lux), different wheels ($795) and no FX4 came to $36,100.

$4,200 difference, which breaks down this way (my personal thoughts in parentheses) -

Lariat adds:
  • Dual Zone Climate Control (meh, 90% of the time I'm the only occupant, but nice to have)
  • 18” Wheels
Lariat Luxury adds:
  • 400W inverter [also part of XLT Lux] (probably won't use much, but nice to have)
  • Wireless Charging (since you need to plug in to use phone music/navigation this one is kind of wasted)
  • Evasive Steering
  • Rear parking sensors
Those last three are good safety features, and might help with an insurance discount.

Honestly, the XLT Luxury is a GREAT deal.. and unless you really want some of the "ultra luxury" stuff you'll probably be happy sticking with XLT. If I had other vehicles I'd probably go with XLT to save money, but I only own one car so I'd like it to be as nice/comfortable as it can be.

The other thing not discussed often is resale value. I don't tend to hold onto vehicles for "life"; in fact my current Subaru I've had since 2015 and that's the longest I've ever had the same car. 🤪 So if I keep my Maverick for 7-10 years I want the most trade-in I could get. Higher trims help you there, though no one can truly predict by how much. (Who knew 2 years ago that used prices would approach or even surpass new vehicle prices?!!)
All of this. I echo this sentiment.

Like you, color was a sticking point. I love blue/dark blue/navy blue, so Alto Blue was high on my list, but after seeing pics of it, it was too dark, even for me, the dark car snob. I chose Area 51, and after seeing it out and about on Broncos and Bronco Sports, I’m very happy I chose it.

However, if Alto Blue gives you an emotional reaction, get it.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
interior style - XLT to Lariat the biggest difference IMO - XLT trim looks great but cloth seats are tough to keep clean- Active/X seats are more comfortable to me- Heated seats are a must and the heated steering wheel is fricking awesome but only on Lux package
First real cold weather here in Northern Michigan yesterday and I have heated seats in my Escape, but I sure am looking forward to a heated steering wheel.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I ordered a non lux Lariat because of 3 things really:

1) I prefer pleather to cloth especially after 5 years or so

2) Dual zone climate control is a big deal for my wife and I. I am always hot and she's always freezing.

3) A lot of small petty things combined like the DRLs, Pleather, body color handles/mirrors, nicer looking grille, power seat, larger cluster screen, and push button all just make me feel 10% better about the vehicle and that's kinda nice. I also would've added blue ambient lighting anyway so its just a small perk to not have to wire that up.

I'd never ever make the argument that the Lariat is "worth" it or a good value or something, I personally really wanted these extras. The XLT lux had lots of stuff I wanted but aren't a big deal, can be added later, or are even just a regular option anyway. The only thing I'll really miss is the heated side mirrors.

edit: most important reason I didn't get the lariat lux is that my wife will kill me.

SamMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid Lariot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not the best person to ask since. I ordered a Lariat 2.5 originally Velocity Blue and saw an Alto Blue and changed the color to that. did opt for the lux package and hard roll up cover. I was not looking to purchase a new vehicle but when a customer came in and told me about the Maverick, I could not believe the price and fuel economy, mine came in at $32,415. No telling when I will get it, ordered Oct. 2nd, more than likely around April.

OP
OP
MyFutureMaverick

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hard to advise, color is so subjective that I will not touch that one. I also like the XLT and Lariat and actually prefer the cloth seats in my vehicles. If I was going to add the XLT Lux then I might make the jump to a Lariat non lux which did. I still think the XLT is the best value for money if you don't tart it up with too many options. I live in SC so heated anything is a waste of money for me. I don't care if the other window passengers have to work harder to get their window up or down since they aren't making the payments.:)
Sounds like you have already decided and looking for validation so go for it.
Thanks for your input. Yeah, I guess I have decided. But it is good to hear other people’s opinions regardless to see angles I haven’t considered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MyFutureMaverick

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lariat adds:
  • 18” Wheels
Lariat Luxury adds:
  • Evasive Steering
  • Rear parking sensors

Thanks for your input. The heated seats aren’t a must, but the availability of the active x seats only in the lariat are kinda pushing me that direction. Tired of cloth here myself.

OP
OP
MyFutureMaverick

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

BUY 2 SEE WHICH ONE COMES FIRST lol trust me your dealer will gladly take the one you dont want
That’s not a bad idea if I wasn’t so cheap and didn’t want to pay an extra $500 deposit. Lol

OP
OP
MyFutureMaverick

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks
Yeah, I’m tired of cloth seats and heated seats are a nicety not a necessity for me. Only had them one time before so I’ll live. Lol

OP
OP
MyFutureMaverick

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All of this. I echo this sentiment.

Like you, color was a sticking point. I love blue/dark blue/navy blue, so Alto Blue was high on my list, but after seeing pics of it, it was too dark, even for me, the dark car snob. I chose Area 51, and after seeing it out and about on Broncos and Bronco Sports, I’m very happy I chose it.

However, if Alto Blue gives you an emotional reaction, get it.
I’ve had a few dark cars and Iike them. I kinda like the mystery of the Alto Blue. Is it black? Is it blue? But I also love how it looks with the Desert brown seats

OP
OP
MyFutureMaverick

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a non lux Lariat because of 3 things really:

1) I prefer pleather to cloth especially after 5 years or so

2) Dual zone climate control is a big deal for my wife and I. I am always hot and she's always freezing.

3) A lot of small petty things combined like the DRLs, Pleather, body color handles/mirrors, nicer looking grille, power seat, larger cluster screen, and push button all just make me feel 10% better about the vehicle and that's kinda nice. I also would've added blue ambient lighting anyway so its just a small perk to not have to wire that up.

I'd never ever make the argument that the Lariat is "worth" it or a good value or something, I personally really wanted these extras. The XLT lux had lots of stuff I wanted but aren't a big deal, can be added later, or are even just a regular option anyway. The only thing I'll really miss is the heated side mirrors.

edit: most important reason I didn't get the lariat lux is that my wife will kill me.
Thanks for your input. My main reason to avoid the Lariat Lux is the price. I’m just to cheap to cross the 30k threshold. I did it on my Tacoma and kinda regretted it after. But not regretting it now because of resale values. Lol
Sponsored