First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I ordered a 23 XLT Hybrid lux on 9/16/22. Priority code 15. I do a lot of hwy driving. I average 130 miles a day round trip to and from work 4-5 days a week. From my research best I can tell I think I have a decent shot getting selected. But if the mileage won’t be affected too bad I would be willing to swap to a EB. I am driving a 15yr old car that has nearly 300k miles on it. Idk how long it’s going to last me but for right now I will drive it till the wheels fall off. Just saw the opportunity to grab a small pickup that gets amazing gas mileage and thought it would be perfect for me. Should I hold out or should I swap to a EB (pending I won’t lose out on mileage)???

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Padanky

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get 23.5ish in town and managed 28 highway with a couple local driving days before a trip out of town. EB AWD w/ 4k package using cruise 90% of time.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I ordered a 23 XLT Hybrid lux on 9/16/22. Priority code 15. I do a lot of hwy driving. I average 130 miles a day round trip to and from work 4-5 days a week. From my research best I can tell I think I have a decent shot getting selected. But if the mileage won’t be affected too bad I would be willing to swap to a EB. I am driving a 15yr old car that has nearly 300k miles on it. Idk how long it’s going to last me but for right now I will drive it till the wheels fall off. Just saw the opportunity to grab a small pickup that gets amazing gas mileage and thought it would be perfect for me. Should I hold out or should I swap to a EB (pending I won’t lose out on mileage)???

Thanks in advance.
There is a good chance that you will get your order built faster by switching to the Eco Boost. Most individuals on this forum who does a lot of highway driving claim to get close to 27- 30 MPG. So it's your call on this one. I finally receive my Vin this month.

Dfwmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo v50, Volvo C30, Volvo s40, bmw 325i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds like you do a fair amount of highway driving so the fuel savings might not be as drastic if you stuck with the hybrid over the ecoboost. I think you would still make out either way.

You for sure will get your truck if you swap to an ecoboost. The hybrid is a toss up! I think ford is not really pushing to make more hybrids than their original allotments.

I can totally relate to having a high mileage vehicle @ 300k it's just a matter of time before something goes on ya. Have you test driven both the EB and the hybrid? That might help you make your decision a little easier.

OP
OP
Kruzer56

Kruzer56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds like you do a fair amount of highway driving so the fuel savings might not be as drastic if you stuck with the hybrid over the ecoboost. I think you would still make out either way.

You for sure will get your truck if you swap to an ecoboost. The hybrid is a toss up! I think ford is not really pushing to make more hybrids than their original allotments.

I can totally relate to having a high mileage vehicle @ 300k it's just a matter of time before something goes on ya. Have you test driven both the EB and the hybrid? That might help you make your decision a little easier.
I can’t even find one to test drive lol

Sponsored

Dfwmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo v50, Volvo C30, Volvo s40, bmw 325i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh dang. well you have time to try and find one. chances are you have months to make the switch.

The ecoboost certainly has the power advantage..... it's smooth and the transmission in my opinion is excellent!!!

My test drive on the hybrid was certainly hampered by the super annoying sales kid who would not stop talking!!!!! I do remember it was a little loud on hard acceleration with the eCVT, but it was so quiet on the side streets.

Another thing you may look at is the long term cost of ownership between the two.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would switch. Many say Eco is better choice if mostly highway miles. For me, I wanted AWD. And like the extra pep

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it is highway miles, I'm not sure the hybrid makes that much of a difference. It is going to be a much bigger factor in stop-and-go city driving. But Ford has only scheduled maybe one quarter of the production year so far. You might be able to hold out and get what you want. Swap to EB in a couple of months if you still don't have it.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks in advance.
Yeah the fuel saving on the highway isn’t a big difference. TFL Truck on YouTube showed that the maverick hybrid does well with Highway mpg as well. Switching is smart to get the truck faster and if you need a new ride soon. I am on the fence to switch but I do mostly city driving so it’s tough to give up the hybrid. But really want a truck. I have driven both and the AWD EB is sporty. The hybrid brake are touchy.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think if it's a bit hilly, there are opportunities to pick up a little bit electric miles. Think over all you would loose a little bit. The choice is yours and speed matters. If it's mostly near 50mph, keep the hybrid, but at 75mph, not so much.

Sponsored

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got a '23 Mav Hybrid Lariat w/ Lariat Lux & BAP on 19 Jan. and averaging 40.3 mpg after 900+ miles this vehicle is AWESOME!! Very smooth driver too.Get a hybrid if you can-best vehicle I've owned. Maybe ask the dealer to chg priority code to a '10'.

Ford Maverick Should I swap to a EB??? IMG_20230120_072123215

Last edited:

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have a XLT Hybrid for 7 months now love it plenty of power no problem 🙂. 9500 miles on it now. Put Wild Peaks 235/65-17s on it the first week I had it Get
Ford Maverick Should I swap to a EB??? IMG_20230109_142056974
38 to 42 miles per gallon on the Hwy . Don't do big City driving spent 38 years driving in L A traffic No More 👎☹. Two cars on the road is a traffic jam to me now . 🤔. But like I said 38 to 42 under 70 MPH . 👻🇺🇸
Sponsored