Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello MTC folks,

New owner of a 2023 XL EB in the Gateway City. A bit of background...when Ford announced the Maverick, I thought it was really a neat little truck and started lurking on the threads on this forum as well as watching videos from the automotive YouTubers covering it. But I couldn't justify giving up my beloved 2000 Ford Ranger which had served me so well (over 10 years) to get a Mav. So life continued as normal until this past March, when my truck got stolen out of my driveway. The police recovered it a week later, but it was fairly badly damaged (broken steering column, locks, sliced wiring harness to get the radio, etc.). I wound up selling the Ranger to my mechanic, because with my current job situation I didn't really have time to pursue getting it fixed unfortunately.

This REALLY was a bite, but after awhile decided to open myself to the idea of getting a Maverick and seeing what that might entail. After a lot of research I figured out my "ideal package" needs-wise and budget-wise was going to be an XL with the 2.0 Ecoboost, cruise control (so a 2023 XL), and the 4K tow package. Went searching and one turned up at CarMax in Cactus Gray, but it wasn't in my area. I actually decided to have it shipped here because this particular one checked all the boxes for me, at least on paper (screen?), and the shipping was relatively cheap ($199). When it came in, took a look and a test drive, and knew this was going to be the one. So wound up buying it from CarMax (yep I can already hear folks saying "You paid too much!!" lol). But at my age (58) I was blessed to have just enough financial margin to be able to get what I want, rather than waiting a long time in ordering one from Ford. I will say this was the first time I bought from CarMax, and the sales experience was the best I've ever had from a car dealership, even though their prices are generally higher than regular dealerships. You pay for that experience I suppose.

The Maverick had only 497 miles on it when I purchased it, so odds are someone bought it and flipped it to CarMax, making me the second owner, and the Mav the "newest used car" I've ever purchased. I quickly realized that while I'll always love the Ranger, the Maverick for me is so much better than it in many ways, notably cabin space, a comfortable ride, and mileage! The Ranger always got high teens - low 20's with its 2.5L, while I am getting around 28-30 mpg city and up to 34 mpg highway on longer trips with the Mav. And honestly even though the Mav is a somewhat low-end truck, with the touch screen and Carplay it's like Knight Rider to me compared to the Ranger. Yeah I know the high tech stuff can be good and bad, but it's been good to me so far, haven't had any radio or other technology funkiness yet...will see what happens in the future.

In short I'm a VERY happy Maverick owner, and am so thankful for all the folks on this forum and the information being shared, which has helped me greatly to understand the Mav quirks and features...so Thank You. My Maverick reminds me of the mini truck craze from 20+ years ago, when people were doing all sorts of mods to their S-10's, Rangers, Nissans, etc. and I can see my Maverick is a perfect platform for me to consider some mild mods in the future. It even helped me get past my old thoughts of "real trucks have frames", ha! Here's a couple pics, one of which is my biggest load so far, a surplus pew from our church which I got for free during our recent remodeling...the Mav handled it just fine. Now being as it's Christmas, I'd better get to bed and see if Santa brings any goodies tonight, lol. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!

Ford Maverick Almost-new 2023 XL in Missouri IMG_0234

Ford Maverick Almost-new 2023 XL in Missouri IMG_1439
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What a beautiful picture on the waterfront. That Cactus Gray looks just like my '23 order would have, had it actually been delivered.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Merry Christmas and congrats on your new Mav!! Is that pic at Lake of the Ozarks? Love Missouri its a great state!!

OP
OP
BradH

BradH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Merry Christmas and congrats on your new Mav!! Is that pic at Lake of the Ozarks? Love Missouri its a great state!!
Thanks so much! It's actually along Highway 79 just outside Louisiana, MO, on my first day trip with the Mav, went up to Hannibal and back to STL. 79 is neat because it parallels the Mississippi much of the way up there.
Sponsored