First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m debating whether to replace the original tires with A/T tires when its time to replace. I don’t take the truck off road and living in Atlanta I don’t think snow is gonna be a problem either. What are the advantages vs. cost for A/T vs All season tires? Are A/T tires more durable and thicker than all season? I need some opinions here. Thanks.
Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
A/T pro - just about any situation where increased traction is helpful - mud, etc. You can still get yourself stuck in mud even with A/T's and AWD or A/T's and FWD (I see you're waiting on your Hybrid Mav) but A/T's will give you some degree of more grunt than all-seasons.

A/T con - noise. Some are worse than others but generally road noise is worse with A/T's.

A/T con - in general you'll get less miles per tire out of A/T's than you will with AS's. So likely that wil A/T's you'll need a new set of shoes faster.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How are A/T tires with handling a flat due to nails and screws? Are the tires more thicker and durable?

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't go offroad at all a good a/s will have much better performance for your needs. Even though snow isn't really an issue for you the michelin cross climate 2 is a fantastic tire in all conditions. Amazing for dry weather, rain, and you wont be afraid of that once a year snow in the south.
Sponsored