Sponsored

Air bag recall aftermath, you’ve gotta be kidding me.. vehicle left dirty and damaged

Forester

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Xl, Honda Fit, 1966 Land Rover
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was hopeful my dealer would do a good job but now the drivers side seatbelt doesn’t retract and they didn’t put the screws in the third brake light. Makes you wonder what they forgot to do under the headliner.
Going back today

Ford Maverick Air bag recall aftermath, you’ve gotta be kidding me.. vehicle left dirty and damaged IMG_0603
Sponsored

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was hopeful my dealer would do a good job but now the drivers side seatbelt doesn’t retract and they didn’t put the screws in the third brake light. Makes you wonder what they forgot to do under the headliner.
Going back today

IMG_0603.jpeg
I’m having the same problem with the seat belt. WTF

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reposting as this thread is more relevant:

Truck went in for an oil change and they did the recall while it was there. Got the truck back with damage to the dash (BIG scratch and a chunk missing), damage to the door panel (scratches), and dirt/grime etc on the headliner and both a-pillars. Tech also left me a pry tool in the center console. Also got a text from the dealer at 4am letting me know my vehicle was apparently at the dealer when it was already delivered back to me, so that was nice. Dealer knows and so far has taken responsibility, but we will see how this goes.....
Just wanted to update this as they attempted to repair the damages unsuccessfully, as expected. They have to touch up the passenger door panel still, and clean the headliner and a pillars as they missed that again. The dealer also ordered both lower B pillar trim panels, the driver's door panel, and will be ordering a new dashboard after they reopen next week as told them I'd follow up with a decision on replacement. I don't know of any other options to make this right and am not looking forward to the possible issues with the dash replacement. If the '24 prices weren't so much higher I'd probably have just worked out a deal to order a new truck..

The dealer has been very understanding and reasonable thus far, given all the concerns. Hopefully this continues once they know they have to put a dash in the truck. Hoping the string of damage/errors does not continue.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the military, I lived in Southern Germany for two years (87 to 89). I took my Honda to the local mechanic once, and I was shocked. He had done every item on the checklist. I could tell from the feel of the brakes, etc. In Germany, trades are highly valued and they have serious vocational training. Trades workers of all stripes take intense pride in what they do.

And then there is America...
Noticed this same work ethic when in Europe. But to be fair, have family members working in the trades with similar pride in their workmanship. Also have found some dealer service shops willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

Where were you, Augsburg?
Sponsored