Sponsored

Adding Sport and Eco Mode on FX4 void warranty ??

DRICH2027

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Been reading a lot and I know if you have a FX4 you are lacking Sports and Eco modes. With Forscan you can add them back as they are on the system. If we add these does it cause and issue with the ford warranty or ESP warranty ?

Thanks

DR
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford would have to prove that those modes caused issues, and I'm not sure how they'd do that given Sport and Eco require no other programming or hardware on the truck.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am nor a lawyer nor do I play one on TV......That being said.......

• There is very little that can "void your warranty"
  • A mod in and of itself can't "void your warranty"
  • If you do a mod and the mod causes a problem then the problem is not covered by the warranty. Your warranty is still in affect.
Example: you install a water bottle bracket in the bed of your truck. Rust occurs where you screw the bracket to the bed. This rust is not covered by your warranty but your warranty is not voided. Only the rust you caused is not covered.

There is a potential issue when you start modifying the programing of one or more of your modules. Obviously this would not affect your rust through or tire tread warranty but your mod could be a suspect if you were to have an electronic issue you wanted covered by a warranty repair.
Sponsored