Sponsored

Adding backup sensors and wiring question.

OP
OP
1fifty

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They also sell a front sensor kit.
Sponsored

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adding aftermarket reverse / backup sensors. Can I use the aux. power connectors near the tailgate to power the system? I assume it is switched and always powered when the truck is running.

Also, anyone know if it is better to tap into the reverse light wire at the tail light or the wire from the 4 pin trailer connector?

The truck does not have Blind Spot monitoring or the 7 pin trailer connector.
If you have rearview side mirrors, a cab rearview mirror, and a backup camera, why the wish to have backup sensors?

OP
OP
1fifty

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have rearview side mirrors, a cab rearview mirror, and a backup camera, why the wish to have backup sensors?
If you drove and used your vehicle in the situations and job sites that I do, youā€™d likely want them too. Cheap extra measure of safety is all it is really and I think it is a stupid cheap out on Fordā€™s part to exclude them on the model/package Maverick I have.

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree. Once you have them on a few vehicles, I miss them.

Iceman3108

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT LARIAT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I added reverse sensors and used the tail light on the passenger side. This is on a lariat eco boost. Pretty easy to remove., drop the tailgate and remove the two silver bolts on the sidewall. The light pops out, power wire is kinda yellow, the other two are black. I ran the line under the left side of the truck behind the rear seat. Seemed to be the easiest route. Thatā€™s where I put the chime. Hope the photos help

6F3237C2-5B0D-4CD4-84E3-1B1709A971AA.jpeg

DBF2AFBD-4275-4EFB-B914-E33F5FC1B3F8.jpeg

C041B0CA-3BA8-42E0-B8B9-5E86880A9E0D.jpeg
Hi, nice Job! did you remove the rear fender por the back up sensors? Do you have any installation photos? Regards!

Sponsored

Watchcmdr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue Lariat, fx4, 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, I did not place sensors in the bumper. I went with a license plate sensor setup.
Hopkins 60100VA nvision backup sensor system. (Amazon)
This was gonna be a temporary solution and I planned on putting in the bumper sensors later. Havenā€™t got around to it yet, but this system works pretty good. I donā€™t think you have to remove the bumper, check for some other posts that have added bumper sensors.

Ford Maverick Adding backup sensors and wiring question. 4BF9B961-D51C-4A74-BC1C-B9C47FB78C2D

Iceman3108

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT LARIAT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, I did not place sensors in the bumper. I went with a license plate sensor setup.
Hopkins 60100VA nvision backup sensor system. (Amazon)
This was gonna be a temporary solution and I planned on putting in the bumper sensors later. Havenā€™t got around to it yet, but this system works pretty good. I donā€™t think you have to remove the bumper, check for some other posts that have added bumper sensors.

4BF9B961-D51C-4A74-BC1C-B9C47FB78C2D.jpeg
My bad! Thank you for your reply!

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I very much would like a front camera- put it under the emblem like the rear cam, and either have an option to activate at slow speed (5mph) or a switch somewhere...

Iceman3108

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT LARIAT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd bought front and rear sensors from Dolphin. A British Brand with flush fit sensors. The front sensors comes with a switch for manual activation. Hope it helps. Ps: I bought them 1 year ago and still in the box šŸ˜‚
Sponsored