Sponsored

8 Months Wasted, no ROVP on my order

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
I believe I am in the same situation. I think my order from October 23 wasn't submitted because my dealer didn't ask for the driver's license. But they reassured me it wasn't necessary because the other orders didn't have one and they got delivered. When almost 2 weeks ago, I asked for confirmation of the ROVP submitted, they say ROVP doesn't matter, what matters is parts allocation. They have since stopped responding after again asking for confirmation of ROVP. How can Ford let this happen or the dealers?
Sponsored

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My earlier order was mess by a dealer so I had to order again from a new dealer on the last day thus I'm still in waiting for my Maverick.

But unless FORD was INTENTIONAL to use any order errors to thin out the order pool because they KNEW they wouldn't be able to fulfill all orders, I'd put more blame on FORD, even though the dealerships messed up.

Reasons:
1.) It's FORD who provided/required the dealers to use the error-prone software;
2.) It's FORD who rejected the messed up order but didn't send out any notification.
3.) It is not rocket science for FORD to run a very simple report to find the flagged orders and send out notifications. Didn't we receive those stupid/meaningless/embarrassing emails from FORD many rounds?

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Horrible I ordered from a small dealer in NY to beat the price increase. It was the 26th on a Sunday If it gets fouled up I will be looking for another vehicle.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
This makes sense.
Ford didnt just create this new "system" and then not give dealers any training, reminders or tips.

It is the responsibility of the new car manager to make sure this stuff gets done right. I'm sure a lot of them were too busy playing golf, scratching their balls or flirting with the receptionist to "waste time" learning how to do special orders for a $20k truck with a few hundred dollars gross profit in it.

Yes, ROVP was new. A similar system existed for certain rebates earlier, but it was new for ROVP/COVP to be required for all retail orders.

But the dealership doesn't really have an excuse. Dealerships were notified over and over again that ROVP was necessary. Our reps emailed orders that needed attention. And summaries off approved/pending ROVPs. Someone at the dealership knew....but it was not communicated to the correct person.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Wow, that sucks.

ROVP was a new thing for the Maverick (apparently) for dealers and I can't help but think Ford themselves are primarily to blame for this problem. Why would they have a system that allows their own reps to see the order and it appears to be okay but in reality it will never be selected for scheduling due to the ROVP not being done correctly? How hard would it have been to have the system flag orders that don't have the ROVP approved?
ROVP has been around since 2019 at least...so not so new...
NO excuse for a dealer Sales Manager who doesn't know how it works.

My dealer assured me order was "accepted" and I even gave them the instructions and web link on how to ROVP. I did get the March email but not the later one...

Ford's lack of communication during this order process is unacceptable with current technologies available to them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I placed an order for an Ecoboost XLT w/Lux back in October. I've called my dealer and the Ford customer service line on a few occasions to check my status but it's stuck in "Order Processing" for the last 8 months. Each time my Dealer or the Ford CS rep assured me my order was good and I was simply waiting on parts.

However, today I decided to call Ford and check-in. I had an extremely knowledgeable and helpful rep who combed through my order and informed me I did not have the ROVP/COVP completed. None of the previous Ford reps I talked to every brought this to my attention. The rep was very apologetic and nice, and even sent me a $100 gift card for my waiting troubles. I immediately called my dealer who let my call go to voicemail. After leaving a message, they called my several hours later and we discussed the ROVP issue. My dealer ASSURED me that everything was fine with my order but they would check anyways. Well, lo and behold, it seems it was not done correctly. The sales manager I spoke to was nice, but at this point it is too little too late.

The good part of this is that I was having some serious doubts about going with the ecoboost. We recently got my wife a hybrid Escape and we absolutely love driving it, so I think come August I'll be putting in an order for an XLT Hybrid with CP360 (and going through another dealer!). So use this as a cautionary tale. Don't be like me and assume everything with your order is fine. I should have heeded the warning I read on this forum earlier and done my due-diligence.
So I’m having a similar experience but supposedly my order has totally disappeared. Ford says if cancelled it should still show up in the history. I ordered Oct 9 and had also called due to knowledge of ROVP issues. So did your order disappear as in they have no record of it at ford like mine?

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I come from an IT and software development background and while getting disparate systems to talk to each other is never easy, like you mention the margin for error is extremely high in this workflow. It really does seem like Ford and the dealer network need to work together to better streamline the process and training.
getting them to talk to each other is hard, but getting them to present in the same UI is less difficult. Assuming they have some key to relate them.

e12532

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius - ready to upgrade to a Maverick!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This wouldn't happen to be a dealer in northwest OH would it? Sounds very similar to my situation.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I placed an order for an Ecoboost XLT w/Lux back in October. I've called my dealer and the Ford customer service line on a few occasions to check my status but it's stuck in "Order Processing" for the last 8 months. Each time my Dealer or the Ford CS rep assured me my order was good and I was simply waiting on parts.

However, today I decided to call Ford and check-in. I had an extremely knowledgeable and helpful rep who combed through my order and informed me I did not have the ROVP/COVP completed. None of the previous Ford reps I talked to every brought this to my attention. The rep was very apologetic and nice, and even sent me a $100 gift card for my waiting troubles. I immediately called my dealer who let my call go to voicemail. After leaving a message, they called my several hours later and we discussed the ROVP issue. My dealer ASSURED me that everything was fine with my order but they would check anyways. Well, lo and behold, it seems it was not done correctly. The sales manager I spoke to was nice, but at this point it is too little too late.

The good part of this is that I was having some serious doubts about going with the ecoboost. We recently got my wife a hybrid Escape and we absolutely love driving it, so I think come August I'll be putting in an order for an XLT Hybrid with CP360 (and going through another dealer!). So use this as a cautionary tale. Don't be like me and assume everything with your order is fine. I should have heeded the warning I read on this forum earlier and done my due-diligence.
Sorry your order got screwed up. I worry about mine thru my local dealer. Would kinda like to know which Ohio dealer I need to avoid. Can you share the dealer's name?

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if you contact Ford via chat if they can check to see if a ROVP is in the system? I'm going to give it a try this evening. I haven't used the chat yet to check on my order. I have only communicated with my dealer.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
I tried asking in chat, and they said to ask my dealer. Asked my dealer, and they won't tell me..lol. Ayy I haven't tried asking via phone, but I think I know the answer based on my dealer's silence.

Does anyone know if you contact Ford via chat if they can check to see if a ROVP is in the system? I'm going to give it a try this evening. I haven't used the chat yet to check on my order> I have only communicated with my dealer.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried asking in chat, and they said to ask my dealer. Asked my dealer, and they won't tell me..lol. Ayy I haven't tried asking via phone, but I think I know the answer based on my dealer's silence.
Wow, what a run around. What did the dealer say when you asked about the ROVP?
"I can't tell you it's a secret"

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
He said he would look into it and get back to me. That was almost 2 weeks ago and three calls to General Manager for a follow up and no return call. He also said ROVP's don't matter at this point, it's the allocation constraints.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's too bad.
I only hope that you can leverage the screw-up, either through Ford or the dealer, to get to the front of the line when the order book opens up. You won't get ahead of '22s that were pushed to '23, but hopefully you're the very first in line after that.

And you'll get a Hybrid...that's a win:cool:
Sponsored