First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the Maverick did quite well. No doubt the Falken tires helped quite a bit.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was the best review so far, tires are key, a locking rear diff would really change things.

The sticker price through, WTF, $36,515? I got the FX4, Max Tow, XLT mine was $30,400 out the door with tax.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was the best review so far, tires are key, a locking rear diff would really change things.

The sticker price through, WTF, $36,515? I got the FX4, Max Tow, XLT mine was $30,400 out the door with tax.
His is the lariat.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
His is the lariat.
I think if I got to that sticker price I'd have gotten a Ranger. LOL

I bought the truck because I wanted a small, cheap truck and of course, for a cool new platform to build parts for.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I bought the truck because I wanted a small, cheap truck and of course, for a cool new platform to build parts for.
Yep. I got a XLT hybrid that will be less than $26K out the door and be an efficient/capable family car/truck.

MaVVy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mavvy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yeah I ended up ordering the XLT luxury package, FX4, rear manual window, and sunroof, for 31k that's with a dealer 1k markup.

Last edited:

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The current Ranger is outdated, and the new Ranger we don't have pricing yet. Chances are the days of the affordable midsize+ truck are over.

I mean, technically MSRP of trucks has always been very high, but in the past you could negotiate $10K off MSRP, whereas now you're lucky if you get MSRP without upcharges, doh!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Enjoy your 36k used Ranger XL. 😎

Sponsored

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. I got a XLT hybrid that will be less than $26K out the door and be an efficient/capable family car/truck.
i got the hybrid lariat lux + moon roof + hpr color and the sticker price is $32050. in tx with taxes and all i expect to pay $34K when its all said and done. but its also my first and only vehicle so I wanted all the nice creature comforts.

even at 34k it still feels like a steal.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good! Those sort of roads are what I mostly find myself on during my adventures, and it appears that it handles them well. I do which they had a Badlands/Tremor version in the near future though as I'm not sure I can hold out for it.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
A little Mav biased in the last test as he handled it better and gave it some forward momentum to start, but overall should be informative for many. Closing in on $40k, Mav gets too close to its older brothers as a truck and too close to well-equipped crossovers as a people hauler to be of interest to me. XLT w/lux is the sweet spot, imo.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
. XLT w/lux is the sweet spot, imo.
Bingo! That for me is right where it is at for a Mav. All I need now is to see one in person and test drive it and check the features to see if the whole package is for me. I am sick of watching all those YouTube videos. LOL.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A little Mav biased in the last test as he handled it better and gave it some forward momentum to start, but overall should be informative for many. Closing in on $40k, Mav gets too close to its older brothers as a truck and too close to well-equipped crossovers as a people hauler to be of interest to me. XLT w/lux is the sweet spot, imo.
You get the feeling that Ford priced options that way knowing it wouldn't be a big seller but that some people would want all the nice things. From a purely financial cost/value/benefit/utility perspective, if you spend almost $40 k you can get a bigger, more capable truck. But it wouldn't have ALL the nice things like a maxed out maverick.

But I agree, the sweet spot is the XLT + packages. Don't see the value in the lariat (or the lux packs) myself. But to each his own!
Sponsored