Sponsored

4K Towing no longer available on AWD/FX4 Lariats?

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4, Kia Niro EV
I stopped by my dealer yesterday to update my order, deciding I'm finally giving in and going 2.0 instead of Hybrid and bumping some specs, specifically taking my Hybrid Lariat to an FX4 Lariat with 4k Towing, and I ran into a surprise. My dealer can no longer add the 4k towing option to the AWD Lariat FX4. It literally does not show up as an option. Has anyone else encountered this? I saw Fords announcement here, and elsewhere about the 2.0 FWD no longer being offered with 4K towing, but there's been nothing about the AWD, and there are AWD's around the country delivering/selling with this option so I am really confused. I'm looking for advice on if this is really a thing -- the dealer showed me the option was unavailable on his computer, but It seems wholly bizarre. I went ahead with updating my order without it, but I'm hoping to push back if its still a thing, and perhaps they entered in the upgrade data incorrectly?
Sponsored

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Dealer needs to put in order minus the 4K and submit it. Then go in again and add the 4K after the first change is accepted.

OP
OP
optikinescant

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer needs to put in order minus the 4K and submit it. Then go in again and add the 4K after the first change is accepted.
I'm pushing back on this today. We'll see what they come back with. Thanks for the input.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim Bartz confirmed this on his live stream last night. @optikinescant I hope you can get your dealer to fix your order.

Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
OP
OP
optikinescant

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a couple days of back and forth my order's updated with the 4k towing. Thank you all for the help. Now, hopefully I can get an official order confirmation.
Sponsored