Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all, just wanted to share my $40 spotless rinse system that works surprisingly well. When I first washed my Mav, I noticed a ton of water spots on the paint and glass (from water that dried in the hot sun before I had the chance to wipe it up with a microfiber towel). I looked into expensive spotless deionized water systems, but didn't want to spend $400 on a CR spotless system.

It's extremely simple, just two RV water filters from Walmart connected together that you connect a standard garden hose to. Here is a link to the product on Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-40...Filter-with-Flexible-Hose-Protector/249436248

Initially, I just used one filter (which helped) but it still left some minor water spotting. When I added another one inline, I didn't find any water spots at all and noticed the water beaded up on the paint a lot nicer and was easier to blow off using a leaf blower than tap water alone.

These are just connected to my garden hose in the front yard. You can add as many as you like but I found 2 of them daisy chained together stopped the hard water spotting from old 1920s Los Angeles water pipes.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you using this in conjunction with drying the vehicle or are you just rinsing with this and letting it air dry?

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you using this in conjunction with drying the vehicle or are you just rinsing with this and letting it air dry?
Both, kind of. I have a powerful electric leaf blower that I use to blow off the majority of the water after rinsing and then I always go over the windows with a towel (spotless rinse or not). I do wipe the hood and tops of the doors and bed with a towel but I can leave the lower parts and roof of the car to air dry and they don't spot up like they did with tap water. Without the filter, the water would begin drying immediately and leave bad white mineral stains.

If you live in a cold climate or wash your car in the shade, you probably don't even need a spotless rinse system but I live in Southern California, very dry and warm so you pretty much need to use a spotless rinse. All the local carwashes and mobile detailers use de-ionized water.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all, just wanted to share my $40 spotless rinse system that works surprisingly well. When I first washed my Mav, I noticed a ton of water spots on the paint and glass (from water that dried in the hot sun before I had the chance to wipe it up with a microfiber towel). I looked into expensive spotless deionized water systems, but didn't want to spend $400 on a CR spotless system.

It's extremely simple, just two RV water filters from Walmart connected together that you connect a standard garden hose to. Here is a link to the product on Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-40...Filter-with-Flexible-Hose-Protector/249436248

Initially, I just used one filter (which helped) but it still left some minor water spotting. When I added another one inline, I didn't find any water spots at all and noticed the water beaded up on the paint a lot nicer and was easier to blow off using a leaf blower than tap water alone.

These are just connected to my garden hose in the front yard. You can add as many as you like but I found 2 of them daisy chained together stopped the hard water spotting from old 1920s Los Angeles water pipes.
Very creative. Nice. Thanks for sharing the idea.

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, what helps a lot in conjunction with this, is keeping your paint waxed. I don't use any crazy waxes, just Griot's Garage Best of Show liquid spray wax from Autozone every other wash. It does a great job at preventing bug crap and guts from sticking to the paint too hard.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Just ordered two. I live on a gravel road and in the summer, it can be more like muddy gravel. Sometimes, we have to take a garden hose to the vehicles before parking them in the garage. When we do that, the water spots are terrible, but otherwise the vehicle is relatively clean.
Looking forward to this helping with that issue.
Thanks

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice find! I have not been able to wash my vehicles at home due to hard-water spotting from my outdoor spigots and I almost always have to drive a good 20 minutes or so to the nearest self service car wash. Glad to see this type of solution without having to due a huge investment into car washing stuff.

I also use spray waxes such as Mother’s Carnuba cleaner spray wax so this seems like a great fit, thanks!!!

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my Maverick is shadow black and gets covered with water stains after running thru the car wash. For $7.99 i got a bottle of McGuiar's quick wax spray...works perfectly. just spray teh spots and wipe clean.
Ford Maverick $40 Poor Man's Spotless Rinse System 1643660028252

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977,F-250,2003F150, 2012,G-37x,2020,KTM790R,350xc
I have one of the WallyWorld rv filters on the hose feeding my power washer. Does a great job on Ohio well water. Mediocre minds think a like lol!

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Does your leaf blower have an air filter?
Sponsored