Sponsored

24-Day Storage Experience (with Hybrid Maverick)

Triple Brax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Duh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 1st Ed; Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We take extended trips couple times per year so I wasn't sure what to experience leaving the MAV Hybrids in storage. Before storing on May 28th, drove around awhile to charge batteries. Washed, fuel topped off, locked it, covered it, and left. About 13 days later on Ford Pass app, Mavs were in deep sleep mode. Returned today June 22nd; doors opened, vehicle started right up in electric mode. I pushed the gas pedal and ICE fired right up. Everything connected and worked. Drove around while in "sport" mode to charge up 12v battery. Next trip in a few months will be 6-8 weeks. Will probably disconnect 12v battery for that trip. The owners manual says to disconnect the12v if storing more than 14 days, and HEV battery at more than 50% charge. I haven't found where to see how much charge is in battery. Hoping to hear of any of folks doing Mav hybrid storage.

One is First Edition, other is Lariat Lux 360.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We take extended trips couple times per year so I wasn't sure what to experience leaving the MAV Hybrids in storage. Before storing on May 28th, drove around awhile to charge batteries. Washed, fuel topped off, locked it, covered it, and left. About 13 days later on Ford Pass app, Mavs were in deep sleep mode. Returned today June 22nd; doors opened, vehicle started right up in electric mode. I pushed the gas pedal and ICE fired right up. Everything connected and worked. Drove around while in "sport" mode to charge up 12v battery. Next trip in a few months will be 6-8 weeks. Will probably disconnect 12v battery for that trip. The owners manual says to disconnect the12v if storing more than 14 days, and HEV battery at more than 50% charge. I haven't found where to see how much charge is in battery. Hoping to hear of any of folks doing Mav hybrid storage.

One is First Edition, other is Lariat Lux 360.
My guess is to disconnect the 12volt battery and put into storage immediately after ice shuts off from charging the hvb. At that time it should be well over 50%. Might not hurt to do a long slow 90+% brake stop just before disconnecting. I think someone posted reading from their obd scanner.

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I turn off my wifi/FordpassConnect in car settings when I know Mav won't be driven - mine is an EB but had a dead battery 2 months into ownership that I am pretty sure was due to Ford App draining battery when I did not drive for over a week. You may want to consider that for your hybrid.

OP
OP

Triple Brax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Duh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 1st Ed; Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I turn off my wifi/FordpassConnect in car settings when I know Mav won't be driven - mine is an EB but had a dead battery 2 months into ownership that I am pretty sure was due to Ford App draining battery when I did not drive for over a week. You may want to consider that for your hybrid.
Good idea, thanks

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As per manual, disconnecting the 12V battery will automatically clear all personal settings.
This would interrupt FordPass communication too. From your last trip, the hybrid battery will go into deep sleep mode. Hybrids store differently than ICE/EB due to design.

Regarding seeing how much charge is on the hybrid battery >> Power Flow in the Sync 3 menu. You can find it either in Apps or the lightening bolt under the homepage screen. It only shows a picture, no percentages or bars like the Prius. Simple design to see the hybrid battery, and it's not really set as a proprietary view.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about putting a Battery Minder to keep the 12 volt charged. Leave one on my bike when not riding.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
If there is drainage on the HVB from the 12v being charged routinuely, comes a point in time where theres going to be a big problem.

Its fairly easy to jump off the 12v, However its a major pain to jump off the HVB, since thats what starts the ICE.

Dont want to be in that situation..yikes.
Sponsored