Sponsored

Hybrid Maverick MPG with 1000lbs cargo ?

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Hey, was wondering what would the mpg be if I carried a constant 1000 lbs in the bed. Hybrid truck city driving only
Sponsored

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey, was wondering what would the mpg be if I carried a constant 1000 lbs in the bed. Hybrid truck city driving only
Just saw at least 3 Mavericks on dealer lots for sale in Chicagoland. One was inflated 5k. 2 looked fair. Loaded one at Packey Webb

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to guess that you may be the first person to be able provide that information.

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just saw at least 3 Mavericks on dealer lots for sale in Chicagoland. One was inflated 5k. 2 looked fair. Loaded one at Packey Webb
Which dealers?

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With regenerative braking, weight matters less and less. Some regen systems can capture 90% of the kinetic energy of your car that would have otherwise been lost as heat.

This is why electric vehicles, despite weighing literally tons because of the heavy batteries, still manage to outperform traditional vehicles (even when you look at Joules/mile).

So it may have a minimal effect.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With regenerative braking, weight matters less and less. Some regen systems can capture 90% of the kinetic energy of your car that would have otherwise been lost as heat.

This is why electric vehicles, despite weighing literally tons because of the heavy batteries, still manage to outperform traditional vehicles (even when you look at Joules/mile).

So it may have a minimal effect.
I was going to say something similar but would have been entirely talking out of my ass. But yeah, it makes sense that you'd see less relative drop in efficiency carrying a load in a hybrid.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
With regenerative braking, weight matters less and less. ...
Exactly right in its entirety.

Weight will hurt acceleration, and you'll have to be careful with braking to get close to that 90% recovery, but if you do, your 1000 lb. becomes 100 lb. as far as mileage is concerned. This really does work. We had a C-Max driver who drove with a full load of tools, and had among the highest mileage because they drove on rural roads.
Sponsored