First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on @fordvideoguy's Youtube vids, this extension will be exclusively Ecoboosts. So if you don't have a VIN and maybe even a sticker by the end of the week, you're probably out of luck for a MY22. And with a production start in November...dang we're not getting our trucks until 2024.

I'm in the same boat you are in. Oct '21 XLT hybrid w/360 here.
Brutal… I better buy a used car. Too bad the market is what it is.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It makes sense. Long have I thought of the idea of having vehicle manufactured one year sold as the next was just dumb marketing to dumb. I mean the 64.5 Mustang was really a 64.25. Whatever its as confusing a brand new 2 year old H2s were back when. Build it, stamp it, sell it. Let me know if you changed options and done.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

LOL nah, just saying that a lot of people on here (not me, I'm kind of a dummy about all this) pointed out that the overlapping dates were a confusing boondoggle.

I would imagine it isn't a big thrill to those who were excited to roll over to MY 2023 so they didn't have to drop options, but what's another couple weeks at this point really?
It's been all confusion and angst. I'll be a happy camper when it comes but, for now, I'm just gonna hunker down and sit it out. Whining is all I have.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brutal… I better buy a used car. Too bad the market is what it is.
I have a 2012 crv that I am getting tired of looking at near Austin TX. Have a first edition hybrid lariat in garage for wife and my XLT LUX hybrid with vin currently pushed to Aug 29th week. Plus XLT base hybrid with hitch ordered 10/26/21 with NO vin for my son.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see that the MY22 hybrids will continue to be built until Nov. 14th and the MY23 trucks will start being made the same day and I think that means little to no differences between the two model years. Maybe different interior colors but nothing more.

That's too bad if true as I hoping to get a MY23 and enjoy all the new and wonderful features available to me, including AWD and an off-road package. It seems that my ship of dreams has run aground on the hard rocks of reality. I hate it when that happens.

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Inviting some wild speculation: how many Ecoboost non lux orders do we think are out there and how many of those will they fill by November?
Nov. 9 Ecoboost FX4 XLT order. No build date yet. Non lux. Non Lariat

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see that the MY22 hybrids will continue to be built until Nov. 14th and the MY23 trucks will start being made the same day and I think that means little to no differences between the two model years. Maybe different interior colors but nothing more.

That's too bad if true as I hoping to get a MY23 and enjoy all the new and wonderful features available to me, including AWD and an off-road package. It seems that my ship of dreams has run aground on the hard rocks of reality. I hate it when that happens.
Does anybody out there expect we'll be looking at midcycle Mav refresh in 2024 or 2025? Wondering if it may be a couple years before we can expect to see a significant amount of different features, exterior colors, etc.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of a sidebar on this conversation, ran into this article today:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2023-ford-bronco-retail-orders-will-not-open-up-to-new-customers/

"The sixth-generation Ford Bronco launched and quickly accumulated over 160,000 reservations, promptly exceeding The Blue Oval’s production capacity – a problem that only grew amid the chip shortage, hardtop woes, and various supply chain constraints. As such, FoMoCo is still working to fill its backlog of Bronco orders as the rugged SUV prepares to enter its third model year. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that 2023 Ford Bronco retail orders will not open to new customers.

Instead, 2023 Ford Bronco retail orders will open only for existing reservation or order holders, while all existing reservation holders that have not converted those reservations to orders will be required to do so for the 2023 model year. This move is seemingly being made as a way for Ford to catch up on its massive backlog of Bronco orders before accepting new ones."

That's a good thing for folks who ordered and have been waiting a couple years at this point. It's not going to be pretty for dealer stock. I wonder if this is the beginning of Ford hammering the message that they prefer customers order their vehicle(s) directly from Ford and use the dealer as a pickup/service station? The preference for customer orders vs. walk-ins on the lot is getting clearer all the time.

Last edited:

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm planning on changing my Long McArthur order to a Lariat Hybrid with the luxury package, CP360 (obviously), and a bed extender when the change over to 2023 happens. I had Tim add splash guards to my 2022 order which should basically ensure I don't get scheduled for 2022. It will be interesting to see if in doing so I actually get a 2023 Maverick or if my order eventually gets bumped to 2024.

I'm hoping my Granger order manages to get built as a 2022 so I can drive it while I wait (six months, a year, 18 months?) for the LM hybrid. My Granger order doesn't have any constraints, so it is possible.
Sponsored