Sponsored

2022 Ram 1000 / Fiat Toro: Maverick Competitor, but not yet available in North America

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem to like poking at people around here a lot, and also like everything...but the maverick? Are you just here to stir the pot?
Its a joke about how its hard to define what is "American" these days. For example, a Honda Ridgeline was designed by an American team led by Gary Flint and made in America and has I think 67% domestic parts content. A Chevy Trailblazer was designed by a Korean team and is made in Korea and has 0% domestic parts content.

What's more American, a Honda or a Chevy? In the specific case above, clearly the Honda.

Where did you get the impression I don't like the Maverick? Go to santacruzforums website and click the "Santa Cruz Versus The Competition" subforum, you'll see the top contributions on the page are from me, many talking about the Maverick and things I like better about it and also sharing my gripes about things on the SC that I'm not in love with (such as forcing to pay for a sunroof and manual rear window port). I am certainly NOT a fangirl though and want to hear all useful info I can good or bad, and have zero bias or loyalty to any brands, although I give bonus points to domestic contribution since it benefits the economy of the place where I keep all my stuff. If it really matters to you, and you haven't noticed the high contribution marks on my profile on the left, I am objectively looking at a Maverick Hybrid FWD, a Santa Cruz Premium, and a Tucson Hybrid and still gathering more info and waiting for prices to drop a bit before plopping down the big bucks since my current truck runs just fine. Even though the Ram 1000 isn't available in North America, I find it interesting, rather than a threat.

Now my reverse ask, what are you doing in the "vs Competition" forum if you aren't interested in the competition?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These more car like appointments and seating positions really don't appeal to me.
Seating position looks very Maverick/Crossover like to me, with nice easy ingress and egress.

In fact, the height of the Toro and Maverick are identical at 68.7". It might just look weird in the picture because they laid the front seats down in order to take a picture from the back seats.

Styling wise, doesn't seem all that different from a fifth generation Ram 1500 with its larger screen option. The wood is fake of course, but still looks neat IMO, and they have them on the big Ram that I think inspires this baby one:
Ford Maverick 2022 Ram 1000 / Fiat Toro:  Maverick Competitor, but not yet available in North America GJeTorqueBryonDorr-10

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Seating position looks very Maverick/Crossover like to me, with nice easy ingress and egress.

In fact, the height of the Toro and Maverick are identical at 68.7". It might just look weird in the picture because they laid the front seats down in order to take a picture from the back seats.

Styling wise, doesn't seem all that different from a fifth generation Ram 1500 with its larger screen option. The wood is fake of course, but still looks neat IMO, and they have them on the big Ram that I think inspires this baby one:
GJeTorqueBryonDorr-10.jpg
I honestly have not paid much attention to their product line, but those do look a lot alike. I still don't like it, though. It isn't for me. 🤷‍♂️

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem to like poking at people around here a lot, and also like everything...but the maverick? Are you just here to stir the pot?
I like Jessica’s post and I enjoy seeing other small truck offering, sticking with my Maverick, but again Jessica is not slamming anything, just showing global offerings. She does her research, and that is more than I can say for most people posting.. I would like like the Fiat center counsel, the small display in the Maverick is my only gripe.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's unlikely that small diesels will ever find their way this side of the Atlantic again, VW's misdemeanors put pay to that. A great shame as I love me a little diesel engine!
Sponsored