Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Considering that the Transmission plant has not changed over yet
the only models that would seem to be able to be produced will be AWD, 2.0 liter units. Everything that Ford has said has been that the Fall would be the anticipated deliver timeframe. I would at least like to see demo units sent to dealers before Sept.
Sponsored

atonge40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
It will all have to do with parts that are available
Yeah. There isn’t anything that will limit trims right now. Just options within trims. They’ll do whatever materials and cadence dance makes the most sense.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering that the Transmission plant has not changed over yet
the only models that would seem to be able to be produced will be AWD, 2.0 liter units. Everything that Ford has said has been that the Fall would be the anticipated deliver timeframe. I would at least like to see demo units sent to dealers before Sept.
agree with you on the timeline due to CVT availability at factory in Mexico and likelihood 2.0 models with all parts on hand will build/ship 1st. But what is a Demo unit? Ford needs to sell every single unit they build, and supposedly word from an insider was customer ordered units would be built/delivered 1st before any dealer inventory builds. My local dealer rarely has extra units to sit on display and test drive these days. Typically they'll get maybe 2 Rangers, Escapes, Edge etc. at a time and they go fast. Have never seen a Broncosport on the lot and only 1-2 driving around town. Maybe they'll get a bunch of F-150 invetory soon as the back log is fitted with chips and transported, but I'm doubtful there will be any Mavs sitting around to demo here locally.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let’s roll Hermosillo! Best of luck to all involved with the production and assembly. Perhaps the Maverick will be so successful that Ford will need to add additional assembly plants to include production in the U.S. and or Canada. I had two company Ford Fusions and at that time they were built in Hermosillo Mexico. Very good build quality on both vehicles.

Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
agree with you on the timeline due to CVT availability at factory in Mexico and likelihood 2.0 models with all parts on hand will build/ship 1st. But what is a Demo unit? Ford needs to sell every single unit they build, and supposedly word from an insider was customer ordered units would be built/delivered 1st before any dealer inventory builds. My local dealer rarely has extra units to sit on display and test drive these days. Typically they'll get maybe 2 Rangers, Escapes, Edge etc. at a time and they go fast. Have never seen a Broncosport on the lot and only 1-2 driving around town. Maybe they'll get a bunch of F-150 invetory soon as the back log is fitted with chips and transported, but I'm doubtful there will be any Mavs sitting around to demo here locally.
Google …used Ford Broncos and 1400 units will appear. The Area managers probably will be given Maverick builds to build excitement
among dealers. As always to keep unit price up they will limited initial delivers then as the assembly line receives all necessary build parts the deliveries will flow by Christmas. The last thing Ford wants to do is have instant recalls because someone on the assembly line forgot to tighten a bolt.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
I bet they go after all the xl's first... All the earnings calls are about units.

We will see
Most manufacturer sell the more profitable higher end vehicles first due to the profit margins. Like Tesla‘s decision to offer the single engine cyber truck last.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Most manufacturer sell the more profitable higher end vehicles first due to the profit margins. Like Tesla‘s decision to offer the single engine cyber truck last.
I beg to differ. Margins are important but all the earnings calls are about units. Regardless of a high trim or bottom trim level.

We should know soon for sure.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I beg to differ. Margins are important but all the earnings calls are about units. Regardless of a high trim or bottom trim level.

We should know soon for sure.
The way I see it If you could make double the profit on a 30,000-35,000 truck instead of a 20,000-25,000 and you can make it at the same speed on the same assembly line Why wouldn’t you. My friend just got his corvette C8 after waiting a year and a half it was a base model. Why do you think the first edition Broncos or gladiators etc. are first built, because they are the most expensive and highest profit. They all take the same amount of time to build XL, XLT, or Lariat.
Mine is a 25,000 XLT so I hope your right.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The way I see it If you could make double the profit on a 30,000-35,000 truck instead of a 20,000-25,000 and you can make it at the same speed on the same assembly line Why wouldn’t you. My friend just got his corvette C8 after waiting a year and a half it was a base model. Why do you think the first edition Broncos or gladiators etc. are first built, because they are the most expensive and highest profit. They all take the same amount of time to build XL, XLT, or Lariat.
When you read the shareholder earnings reports it's all about units and profit 2nd.

You make a lot of sense but it's all about wall st and that money. Right now it's all about the units and that's what wall st cares about.

Last edited:
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because you have to take care of ALL of your customers, not just the ones buying the most expensive products.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told Rapid Red is Late Availability when I ordered. Also, a few places here note red pigment isn't in abundant supply for them in textile related businesses (injection molding, fabric production, paint and electronics). Not 100% sure it's the same reason or even if it still applies right now as that was a few weeks ago and things change.

Right now, its more about the number of units. The more they can make and get on the road, the more it builds interest. Once you have interest, its up to salespeople to upsell people on trims and options. Add in how Ford builds using "Just In Time" processes, its going to be all they can build with what parts they have available anyway. Mine is Rapid Red which was Late Availability when I ordered 3+ weeks ago, and unless miracles have happened since then, I don't expect mine to get scheduled this week, but I am okay with that. I want to see Ford get them on the road and drive up their stock price (the higher they drive it, the more they pay for mine in the end :) ).

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told Rapid Red is Late Availability when I ordered. Also, a few places here note red pigment isn't in abundant supply for them in textile related businesses (injection molding, fabric production, paint and electronics). Not 100% sure it's the same reason or even if it still applies right now as that was a few weeks ago and things change.

Right now, its more about the number of units. The more they can make and get on the road, the more it builds interest. Once you have interest, its up to salespeople to upsell people on trims and options. Add in how Ford builds using "Just In Time" processes, its going to be all they can build with what parts they have available anyway. Mine is Rapid Red which was Late Availability when I ordered 3+ weeks ago, and unless miracles have happened since then, I don't expect mine to get scheduled this week, but I am okay with that. I want to see Ford get them on the road and drive up their stock price (the higher they drive it, the more they pay for mine in the end :) ).
I own tsla stock
I'm waiting for a Ford dip to join the family

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you read the shareholder earnings reports it's all about units and profit 2nd.

You make a lot of sense but it's all about wall st and that money. Right now it's all about the units and that's what wall st cares about.
The assembly line runs the same speed for all the trim levels. It's not like they speed it up for the cheap XL model or slow it down for the lariat. So it would be the same number of units.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
The assembly line runs the same speed for all the trim levels. It's not like they speed it up for the cheap XL model or slow it down for the lariat. So it would be the same number of units.
And profit per unit is higher on the optioned out trims
Sponsored