Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What does this column of info mean?

1656289547265.png
Yeah, think it just means you can't place an order for any more of those vehicles for 2022. The corresponding column under 2023 is when order bank opens.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will you please give me next week’s lottery numbers? I sure can use the extra money to pay for my Maverick.
I don’t know why you guys think this is some sort of magic or prophecy. It’s just a fact. Once you have a VIN, it’s a go.

NavyEmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I am so confused, I thought ford stopped sending out emails until you have a solid build week/day. If that is true how are people getting Vins?

I am also concerned that 2023 will see a huge price increase over 2022 which will suck since I ordered mine based off price. When I removed the spraying bed liner the order sheet had a higher price on it in February than it did in September.

I also don't talk to my dealership because they act like they could care less about an order then they do about trying to sell me an F150 or Ranger.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am so confused, I thought ford stopped sending out emails until you have a solid build week/day. If that is true how are people getting Vins?

I am also concerned that 2023 will see a huge price increase over 2022 which will suck since I ordered mine based off price. When I removed the spraying bed liner the order sheet had a higher price on it in February than it did in September.

I also don't talk to my dealership because they act like they could care less about an order then they do about trying to sell me an F150 or Ranger.
Ford is only sending emails the Build week, but they are still assigning VINs months ahead. Just call or chat with Ford and they will tell you if you have one.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
You mentioned before that Ford was going to build vehicles by the date ordered, so far we have not seen that happen with the Mavericks, so in theory, those who ordered in June, July, and Aug 2022 might not get their Mavericks for MY22?
I'm going to discuss why this could be happening as my topic Tuesday night. Thanks to this and another MTC thread.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy does this change the guidance that all First Editions will be built? Thank you for all that you do for the group.
They should as long as they are an approved order and don't have any other constraints getting in the way. Brand Manager said that some of the latter FE ordered will probably be scheduled in July. I'm thinking those hybrids ordered in September and October. FE closed out in Mid October, I believe.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
This info confirms what we already know. The crazy thing is that there is essentially no time to make substantive changes to the production line for the model year changeover which leads me to believe that there won’t be many updates, at least for Job 1. Any thoughts @fordvideoguy ?
There will be time, the line will run some non production vehicles through prior to October 24. Remember that orders start August 15th, scheduling for first 23MY bills will start happening Mid September for October/November production.

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will be a sad story. For example, my July order is scheduled for 08/04, and the production date is 10/21. But the factory delays or changes the production date. The truck will be built in Nov or Dec 2022 and delivered in Jan. 2023. In 2023, I get a 2022 model. WTF, Ford!

njMav00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW
They should as long as they are an approved order and don't have any other constraints getting in the way. Brand Manager said that some of the latter FE ordered will probably be scheduled in July. I'm thinking those hybrids ordered in September and October. FE closed out in Mid October, I believe.
Thank you Sir, appreciate the info on this

Sponsored
OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It will be a sad story. For example, my July order is scheduled for 08/04, and the production date is 10/21. But the factory delays or changes the production date. The truck will be built in Nov or Dec 2022 and delivered in Jan. 2023. In 2023, I get a 2022 model. WTF, Ford!
You have a schedule build date of 8/4 already or are assuming you are scheduled on 8/4? If it's scheduled for 8/4 then you should get it in October.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 10th digit in the VIN indicates the model year. So no, once the VIN is issued it cannot be punted to a different MY.
I can disagree here. Friend had a 2022 Superduty ordered. Received a vin and build week. About a week later new vin new build week. Turns out it went to 2022.5 Superduty. (family works at plant per his explanition)

First vin just disappeared.

JPerata

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid lariat w/cp 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If we have a window sticker the truck will be built soon correct? Also is there a way to track the transportation of the truck? I see rail on the window sticker
Use the “trackers” information at the top of the page.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 10th digit in the VIN indicates the model year. So no, once the VIN is issued it cannot be punted to a different MY.
Also a vin is not issued usually until all parts are available for the build. That was the information I was given last year when i ordered and finally received my 2021 F-150
Sponsored

Last edited: