First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford will schedule builds through Aug 4th for actual builds based on present and potential constraints and with a target of Oct 21 for the last 22MY production. I am not sure getting a VIN on or before Aug 4th guarantees your vehicle will be a 22MY. If more serious unforeseen constraints arise, build dates will be moved back; eventually the date will hit the Oct 21 deadline. If they do not have parts to build them, they can't!! Two things can happen: If there are a lot of builds with VINs scheduled that they cannot move back any further, Ford can move back the date of initiation of MY23 builds or, if the number of 22MY builds is small Ford will issue you a new vin with the appropriate letter for 23MY. Moving back the date of build start-up for 23MYs would allow Ford to build a bunch of MY22 stock orders to make the dealers happy. My $2 worth!! Inflation has taken away the two cents worth comment.:)
Sponsored

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In case anyone was wondering what this company is, it’s a company that works with dealers to manage their car inventory and pick which models and features will sell quickest. Obviously, their business was a lot more used before the pandemic. I’m pretty sure that this legitimate.
http://www.precisionim.com/

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Updates for MY 23 are easy to figure out… the 10th digit in the VIN becomes “P” because “0” would be too confusing, and the price goes up. Change made!
Those were not quite the changes I was referring to. I thought maybe some colors or black pkg or something. You might need time to adjust the assembly line for some things like that.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford will schedule builds through Aug 4th for actual builds based on present and potential constraints and with a target of Oct 21 for the last 22MY production. I am not sure getting a VIN on or before Aug 4th guarantees your vehicle will be a 22MY. If more serious unforeseen constraints arise, build dates will be moved back; eventually the date will hit the Oct 21 deadline. If they do not have parts to build them, they can't!! Two things can happen: If there are a lot of builds with VINs scheduled that they cannot move back any further, Ford can move back the date of initiation of MY23 builds or, if the number of 22MY builds is small Ford will issue you a new vin with the appropriate letter for 23MY. Moving back the date of build start-up for 23MYs would allow Ford to build a bunch of MY22 stock orders to make the dealers happy. My $2 worth!! Inflation has taken away the two cents worth comment.:)
I would think that if you get a VIN, your Maverick will be built

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ford’s timing on 2023 builds and initial deliveries is deceptive. The only 23’s they will be delivering through at least December if not January or longer will be 22’s leftover…….thousands of them.
I wouldn't bet on that. They will produce original 23s almost immediately based on trim and unconstrained items going to their large volume dealers. To think they will build nothing but rolled over 22 orders is laughable.

Sponsored

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would think that if you get a VIN, your Maverick will be built
Sounds like this guy is sour grapes because he does not have a VIN number and probably won't get one before production ends for this MY because he waited until 1/26/22 to order. He wants to rain down on the others who are excited because they have received a VIN. Many who have been waiting for 9 months or longer.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I wouldn't bet on that. They will produce original 23s almost immediately based on trim and unconstrained items going to their large volume dealers. To think they will build nothing but rolled over 22 orders is laughable.
You are correct. The only newly-ordered 23's that will be built will be unconstrained builds (non-hybrid, non-CP360, non-Lux). All things being equal, an original 22 order should take precedent. Who knows what will actually happen.

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like this guy is sour grapes because he does not have a VIN number and probably won't get one before production ends for this MY because he waited until 1/26/22 to order. He wants to rain down on the others who are excited because they have received a VIN. Many who have been waiting for 9 months or longer.
Could not be further from the truth. No sour grapes here at all. I was giving a sarcastic response to a question. The OP said something to the effect of whether you would get a 2022 model built if you had a VIN. Its fairly obvious that the vehicle will be built if you receive a VIN.

Where you got sour grapes from that... I haven't a clue. Search any thread and I've never been accused of sour grapes.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think if you have a VIN by the 4th it will be a 22 MY. Especially being at the end of the line, I'm sure Ford will know what number of constraint items they have to make sure they get built. Since the 23 MY orders open on 8/15 and there might be package differences, they have to ensure it's a 22. If not, Ford would have to go back to the buyer and make them change items last minute to make it a 23.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only question is if you receive a VIN before or on August 4th, will the maverick you receive be a MY22. I am not so sure what is so sacred about one digit in a VIN. I think if it cannot be built before October 21, it has to be rolled over to MY23 or MY23 start-up has to be moved back. What is Ford's other choices if more constraints arise??? These are the only two choices I see.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you get a VIN, you will get built for MY22. Period.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
If you get a VIN, you will get built for MY22. Period.
Will you please give me next week’s lottery numbers? I sure can use the extra money to pay for my Maverick.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who all gets scheduled in priority for that 1st week build of 2023"s ?
Sponsored